New addition to the family

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
Hey all,
I just added a new truck to the family( I already drive an IDI ). I picked up a 1997 Dodge 2500 ext. cab 4x4 with the CUMMINS 12v, auto trans. This will be my wife's new "family car". She's always wanted a Dodge Ram, and the only way to go is diesel( my stipulations ). It's a little ruff around the edges, but the price was right.....$2,000, hell yeah, how could I pass it up! 207,000 on the clock with a recently rebuilt tranny. The engine purrs like a kitten and drives out real nice.
I have to put brakes all the way around, a couple of u-joints and maybe some tie rod ends, but I doent think that's too much work for the steal I got. ;Sweet

I don't know much about these trucks, like what are the axle's, and whats involved in replacing the front brakes. So any advice, warnings or info ya'll can give me will be much appreciated.

thanks,
Jeremy.

http://www.supermotors.org/users/Pipeliner_86

2500cummins

Reaction score
The front axle is a Dana 60, the rear should be a Dana 70.
The front brakes like to stick the caliper pins and slides, make sure every thing is extra clean and smooth with the proper lube.

All 12v engines should have the "KDP" (killer dowel pin inside the timming cover) addressed....

Check the track bar, the joint on the frame end should be bad :rolleyes: A Lukes link is my prefered repair when cost is important (around $70), I like the Thuren fab trackbar for a bit more money (around $300?)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online