Needed (Badly): 10.25" Rear, for '88 F-250

fairlane_68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a Sterling 10.25 rear axle for my f-250. All I need it to have is a hole for the VSS, and 3.55 gears. I can change the gears to 3.55 if I need to though. PM me if you or someone you love has one!

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I have one. Came out of a 90. 2wd F250. 3:55's, I think it's a limited slip.Shipping to OK would be a killer. PM me if interested.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For shipping contact Misty Parker or any other rep at www.freightquote.com 1-800-323-5541. Sorry but I forgot Misty's extension.

Truck freight isn't too bad when you go dock to dock.

I pulled up a quote for the following
  • New Brighton, Pa to Ft Sill, OK
  • Dock to Dock (business to business with forklift)
  • 300 lbs
  • 72"x24"x24" pallet
  • NOT stackable
  • Used commercial goods
  • Freight class 70 (I beleive this it what it is for used auto parts)
$108 to $561 depending on how fast and the carrier. You'll have to let freight quote know if you are picking it up at the freight terminal if you are going to do it like that.

Insurance is extra....cheapest cargo insurance you can get is about $46

NOTE: if shipping it, you must drain the fluid from it.

Any questions either post here or PM me and I'd be glad to walk you through freight shipping. It's not as bad as people think it is.

SKimballC

Reaction score
Yeah, what tonka said. Freight shipping also ain't too bad if you can drop it off or pick it up at the terminal if you have no loading dock. I have dealt with Misty before. She'll take care of ya.

fairlane_68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I've began a rapport with R&L trucking, and I'm in the process of setting up an account with them. Does freightquote deal with them or any truck line? As soon as I hear from Gruss, I'll have an idea of what I'll be spending.

Last edited:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC R&L was one of the best prices on freight quote coming in around $150 and 4 days to ship my mock shipment in the earlier post. Roadway and Old Dominion were around there too. Most expensive were Fedex and UPS Freight divisions as usual.

Freight Quote is a broker and deals with many companies to get you the best rates. Quite often they can beat rates that you get by dealing directly with a company like R&L, Roadway Old Dominion etc...

At the very least you can use their rates as a bargaining tool when calling around.

I have dealt with Misty before. She'll take care of ya.

Misty is very, very good at her job, she makes freight shipping a walk in the park;Sweet

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
the 355 rear is still here, what all do ya need, I also have a 10.25 that is stripped down. and also have a spare carrier., axles, hubs, etc.

fairlane_68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 355 rear is still here, what all do ya need, I also have a 10.25 that is stripped down. and also have a spare carrier., axles, hubs, etc.

I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple guys here, but I need a 3.55 rear. The bearing went bad on mine, and it snapped an axle. The bearings inner race ( from the looks of it, and from what I've seen in the past) is probably welded to the axle tube, and I can only assume the right side is in similar shape. And since BOTH of my trucks are broken, the downtime has to be kept to a minimum. The 250 is parked, but the Bronc ain't doing so well either. I can swap out axles and then worry about rebuilding later.

I'll be straight up ...I can't afford to pay alot for an axle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron