Need suggestions on rad removal?

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I don't know what year yours is but here are a few pictures of the radiator and mount from a 94. In my opinion you can just saw the little stubs right off and just let the 4 bolts hold it on, but I guess they were put on for a reason.

Thanks for the pictures that is what I'm looking at. I don't think I can't twist the rad cause the support is u channel. I don't want to cut it either.:confused:

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There isn't any rubber involved. :dunno

I don't know what year yours is but here are a few pictures of the radiator and mount from a 94.

If you will look at the bottom picture in IDIJunkie's post, you can see the rubber that he is probably meaning.

I would not saw off those stubs, as they actually support the radiator.

About all the four bolts do is hold it from flopping around; they screw into U-clips, not anything solid.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now seeing what the problem is I understand what your dilemma is.

Seeing as the Rad you want is in a Donor truck, I would suggest a BFH and long bar and knocking that pin out or break it off by hammering down on top of it or bending it repeatedly.

If you are going to use the truck again I suspect one could drill out that pin and replace it with a bolt the same diameter and just tighten a nut down on the bolt to hold it in place.

JMO hope that helps.

aaklingler

Reaction score
Buy a new radiator, I don't have much faith in used once, from what I can tell there only good for about 200k miles.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
WOOO HOOOO!!!!

Had a friend stop by to day, all it took was me holding the rad and him hitting the bracket with a 1/2 extender and 2lb hammer, it bent down and came right out!! got it bent back cleaned up and reinstalled all is well!!:thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitsu tractor