Need some ip advice.

clanky

Reaction score
Hello. I have a 84 6.9 all stock. I have fuel leak coming from under the ip. I found the leak yesterday,and drove the truck 25 miles. The truck sounds like the timing is retarding a little. Then the rattle comes back along with power.1) Is it ok to continue to run this? 2) will it damage the pump or engine? 3) I have a old pump that was removed from a running 94 factory turbo 7.3. Could I put this on? 4) the core charge for the turbo pump is more than that of the n/a pump. Would any of the members who rebuild pumps give me a deal on a rebuilt n/ a pump if I gave you the turbo pump as a core. I need some advice. Thank you.

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
1) It won't be great to do,but you could. 2) It won't damage the engine, but I suppose that it could eventually damage the pump. Someone with more pump knowledge may something different on this one. 3) Yes you can run that pump although you may have to turn the fuel back some if there's too much black smoke coming out of your exhaust. 4) I have no answer on this one. Hope this helps.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Just remember that the fuel leak won't fix itself and may mean that there's a lot of wear inside your pump.

clanky

Reaction score
Yep. If I can run it tomorrow, then I can figure out which pump I will get rebuilt on Monday.
Thanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online