Need some info on 95 f-350

HOOTsF350

Reaction score
I've been lurking around some here and thought I would have more time to gather what I need. I was wrong. I bought my 95 F 350 dually automatic, 2 wheel drive, 215,000 miles, back in late June. Guy said it was road ready as he had just got settled into to his new farm here in KY so the trips between here and GA were no longer needed.
I got it to be used as a truck for here at home and to haul my full size jeeps when needed. So far it's been the best money I've spent in a long time. I just have no documents, or manuals for this thing. I can't even find a Haynes or Chilton manual for it yet in a store. Guess I need to get my computer fixed so I can surf Ebay again. Right now that locks me up solid within 2 minutes.So for now I work n it like it is like anything else I have done in the past. Which is along the lines of my 77 and 81 Jeep pick ups. Any special info would be nice..
It needed tires which I put on right away.Kumho highway tires. It was due for some general PM work so I changed oil(Motorcraft) & filter(Fram), fuel filter(?), air filter(STP). I also drained the torq converter and refilled with VMax Mercon high mileage. Wish my pan had a drain ,a deeper pan with drain is on the hit list.
I just put 5575 miles on it on a road trip and it did flawless except I wasted the brakes. I had new stuff here for it but ran out of time before the trip to put them on and figured it would last for the trip anyways. Almost made it but in Tulsa, OK I started hearing the pads eat into the rotors. Tonight it gets everything on front replaced ,new loaded calipers,wheel hubs,and bearings. I also have all new parts for the rear wheel brake job. Anyone close come on by.
I also need some new headlights. What is the best source for these?
I need a rear slider windows as well. I just bought a cool topper for it in Dallas.
I guess what I need to know is what years are compatible. or is it all over the place for different stuff?
Interior including new steering wheel, is on my hit list . Mine smells like they locked the cats in the cab for a weekend.
Need rear fender flares, tailgate and other small goodies.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
To make your tranny happy use the pan from the 4R100 4X4. This is the updated part for your tranny. Comes with a drain plug now. No more mess.:thumbsup: You will need the filter and the reusable gasket for the 4R100. Dealer items. Should run about $40 bucks for the pan. About $20. bucks for the gasket.

Manuals can be found in flebay. (Fix your computer:D)
The interior stuff,shop around a good junk yard. You should be able to find what you need.

Check this place for parts www.lmctruck.com

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
ebay is the place for new headlights. do a search on Bronco lights. they are the same. I would stay away from Fram filters. I only use Motorcraft fuel, and oil filters. Might want to replace the rubber hoses on the frt. brakes while you're there. They have a tendency to brake down inside over the years BTW welcome to OB

HOOTsF350

Reaction score
Thanks for the LMC link. I had forgot about them since they don't carry junk for my jeep. How are they for quality? I really like that rear step bumper they have.

I'll order new brake lines as well then . Everything else has been bought. I was going to pass on them since mine looked fine and I have to have them ordered in. I have the "inner rubber hose disentegration" on my T Bird as well. Must of been something they changed during the mid 90's My bird is a 96 and has fell victim twice this year already. My 89 bird ran for 300,000 flawless miles other than body rot took over last year.

Thanks for the info guys. I ended up getting the garge in order for an all day Sat wrench -a-thon. I had a mess out there from the mayhem going on before I left for vacation 2 weeks ago.
I'll start in the morning with tearing off the fronts and hopefully when the day is done I'll have a new brake system and wheel bearings.
Any other tips for this is much appreciated.

I'm still impressed with how well these thing tow a loaded car trailer through the Big Horn Mountains. I picked up a J4800 Camper Special in Billings, MT and drug it back to here like the trailer wasn't even there not to mention loaded.
What's the horsepower on these things? Mine has the auto transmission.

HOOTsF350

Reaction score
After getting stumped last night on what was attached to what and fearing breaking stuff with no replacements I stopped were I was. Took a little drive today to find bearings and wheel studs. Took 5 parts stores, about 85 miles and one badly overheating dog.
PARTS ALERT !!!! Advanced Auto has the wrong lugs in stock for the 95 dually. I had them look it up twice and watched the button pushing the second time around. I took what they had until Auto Zone gave me something diffeent which matched more of the length I was looking for. I then returned to Advance Auto for a refund and informed them of their mistake. I then bought the singly correct lug they had for a now total of 4.
From there it was a trip further from home to an ORileys that happen to have 9 studs in stock. He called another store and they had 10 more studs. I now have a few extra.

Part of the trouble I had last night was the lug nuts were so incredibly tight I about never broke them loose. Fearing I would destroy what was left of them when I use a press to remove the frozen on brake drums is why I wanted new studs.
I also went to Ebay and got 4 different Factory service manuals for this truck. I also picked up a Haynes at the parts store to get me through the next few days until the Ebay stuff arrives.
This has been an eye opener for me. Not something I wouold of jumped into blindfolded like this. Best help was an old write up on some web site that was the incorrect year but at least was a full floater. I'll be at it all night now.
Where does someone go for online help with stuff like this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online