Need some advice on 1/4 tank fuel problem

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So has anyone figured out how to put a fuel strainer on the end of the hoses we fix this with?

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I've never pulled a bed off a pickup before but I can't believe that pulling the bed off is any easier or quicker than dropping the tank. There are two straps that hold the tank on, and I believe only one bolt really holds those straps down and to the frame. Two or three wires after removing the straps and the tank is down and you just slide it out.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
So has anyone figured out how to put a fuel strainer on the end of the hoses we fix this with?

Unless you are worried that the shower head bits are still floating around, there is no reason to put a strainer on the end of the pickup. That is why we have giant fuel filters on top of the engine.

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
I've never pulled a bed off a pickup before but I can't believe that pulling the bed off is any easier or quicker than dropping the tank. There are two straps that hold the tank on, and I believe only one bolt really holds those straps down and to the frame. Two or three wires after removing the straps and the tank is down and you just slide it out.
4X4 models have to remove the skid plates and most people dont have a way to drain the tank so not only are you trying to juggle the tank but its got 1/4 or more worth of fuel sloshing around. Figuring your bed bolts are not rusted thats 6 bolts, 1 wire harness and unbolt the fillers to lift it straight off.

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those pieces of old showerhead pickup will cause issues with the tank selector, And the will clog a lift pump... I had it happen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online