Need photographs of your OBS 4x4frame, please.

Reaction score
I am converting my converted F350 (long story) four wheel drive. This thing has had a lot of suspensions mods done between its previous owner and I and I have a lot of holes that should not be there. I am using almost all factory parts and brackets and need a visual of how they go on. I need some clear shots of the engine crossmember from as many angles as possible. I already know the holes for my track bar bracket are in the wrong place. I also need shots of the leaf springs and how the shocks and front end all bolt together. I need to know if I am missing any parts. Any help at all sure would be appreciated.

You must be registered for see images attach

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Hopefully these will be helpfull.
These are from my 97 F250 4wd that was converted to a Dana 60 and a SKY RSK w SD springs

Reaction score
I have the Sky kit as well, I love it. Tell me more about using SD springs. What was the bennefit? I did not realize the trac bar bracket was that far offset.

Reaction score
So I take it the SD springs are longer? I have already drilled the holes and bolted everything in. Plus, I paid extra for the powder coating to I really do not want to mess that up. I wish I knew about this SD spring kit before I did all I have done already. Maybe next truck...

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I wish you were closer. I sure could use that D50 TTB you took out.

No you dont. It was junk. needed ball joints, u-joints, complete steering linkage, wheel bearings,brakes, one spindle, pivot bushings, shocks and springs. It was DONE.

I saved the ONLY good thing off of it. The single wheel hubs and locking hubs.

And you dont have to weld. It can just be bolted in. Hardest part was cutting of the bumper brackets. And they can be bolted back on

Reaction score
Because my frame was a two wheel drive, I had to cut out the frame horn inserts from a four wheel drive and weld them in. I have a completely different bumper goin on and I have to biuld frame brackets for it from scratch.Those frame horns in the my photograohs, are fabed up from stock parts, then I drilled and bolted on the Sky reversal kit. I had to do the same for the rear brackets. So far I regret using the stock shock mounts. I installed a Sky Jacker triple shock bracket but it looks like it will not clear the inner fender well. So I will have to figure that out once I start putting the front clip back together.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I can see you front sprig brackets you robbed of a 80-91 truck.

there is a gut over on FTE that took a 2wd small bock gas dually and converted it to a 4wd powerstroke. He actually used the D50TTB from his F250 donor

Reaction score
Everything I have including the D60 came out of a donor 96 F350.

I would love to see how he took a SB gasser and swapped it. I was thinking about doing that with my wife's F250. I then decided to use a 5.9 instead. After I got the engine you parents got her a new crate 351 for Christmas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online