Need idi timing help

Thoma156

Reaction score
I'm looking for help getting a 92' 7.3 timed. I'm in the Portland area and don't mind driving to any state bordering Oregon if I have to. Anyone have a meter or know where I can go?

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for help getting a 92' 7.3 timed. I'm in the Portland area and don't mind driving to any state bordering Oregon if I have to. Anyone have a meter or know where I can go?
A lot of guys shops just time them by ear anymore. Its the only way I have done mine. Also pretty hard to even find a shop that has one anymore. How does it run set at the factory marks and what kind of problem are you having now with it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I recommend NOT to time by ear. It just never works out well. Russ is the person in Oregon I recommend for timing. He has the Kent Moore J33300 meter. We have had many discussions about timing these engines. With this meter its really simple. On this forum his signon name is typ4.

Thoma156

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I been trying to get Russ to help me for about 9 months now and he just doesn't have time. Everyone keeps saying if you need help, and you live in Oregon, see Russ. It's been just too long and I need to look in other states apparently.

Thoma156

Reaction score
There used to be a list of people who had meters and knew how to use them. I thought the list was on Oil Burners. As I recall, there was a guy somewhere in central Washington who was willing to help.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We should make a date before the weather gets better. If you want to drive down to newberg .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk