need help

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys i havent been on here in a while, but i had a question to ask yall, how do u tell if the 6.9 islosing compression? it still starts easy and doesnt smoke but it feels like its lossing a lil power, any ideas?:dunno

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
How many miles are on the engine. How many miles are on the injection pump and injectors. Has the engine evey been timed. Is both the air and fuel filter clean. Is there ant air restrictions in the flow to the air filter like maybe a rats nest in the air ducts...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a motor that needs about a 1/4 can of ether to start. that's a clear indicator that the compression is about done in that motor. we need 300psi minimum to fire.

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it just got to 14 degrees were i live and it started just cycling the gps once, but the motor has 14,000 miles after goin to school and work today, it was bored than sleeved, the guy we took it to is someone that my family has known for years so i dont think he did it wrong he does everbodies motors in the area, but the air filter has a few miles on it and the injectors are stock bb codes the prlly got 150,000 saving money for a new set right now, it was running great before the the tear down, but could it be the injectors and ip? bty fuel filter is new. it just doesnt seem like it had the power it did right after the build

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh hey another quick question for you guys can u shave the heads on these trucks? i got a spare set of heads and wanted to have em built for my truck