Need help With Fuel leak

RJMorrow

Reaction score
Ok, I am back with a new problem and need some experienced help. I have a mild fuel leak from the bellhousing of my F-250. I did a quick search of related posts and inspected the top of my engine for the source of the leak. While the engine valley is filthy, I wouldnt say it was wet. Does anyone have a diagram of the 7.3 fuel system or maybe some key places to check. A quick glance did not show fuel at or around the filter housing. Are there any lines at the rear of the engine that could be the culprit ? Any help here would be great.

RJMorrow

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Classic fuel pump leaking. Its in the valley just ahead of the turbo. That is of course if we are talkn OBS 7.3. Just had one here today with the same prob. Or it could be where the fuel lines go into the rear of the heads from the pump. But Im bettn its the fuel pump.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the hoses from the pump to the filter housing.theyre known to leak.check the banjo bolt holding the steel lines to the pump.the orings for the water drain are known to leak as well..the filter housing itself is known to get pinholes in it and leak

RJMorrow

Reaction score
Help With Fuel leak

ok, I will remove what I can from top of the engine and clean it today. I will report back my findings. Thanks

fuurgoncin

Reaction score
Could also be the fuel restriction sensor...Ford calls it a Vacuum switch...I just removed mine and used a 50 cent plug instead. If you change your fuel filters as specified you don't need it...

RJMorrow

Reaction score
Does anyone have a decent diagram of the top of the engine fuel delivery system. I would like to have a diagram to help me in the leak finding process.

RJMorrow

Reaction score
Fuel Leak

Ok, you guys were right on, the fuel is leaking from the pump at the banjo bolt. Is it recommended to get replacement washers or just torque it down some more ?

fuurgoncin

Reaction score
You could try ... there is a chance that it came loose ...has never happened to me but you never know.....I would replace the washers if it was me

RJMorrow

Reaction score
Fuel leak

Ok, I managed to get about 1/8th of a turn out of the banjo bolt and stop the leak for now. If someone can tell me where they buy the washers, I will line up some replacements for the future. Once again, thanks for the help in keeping my truck on the road. ;Sweet