Need help Identifying a block please.

nightrunner84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a Centurion a few months ago with the intention of building the motor for it. I'm concerned that this isn't a factory turbo block. It did have a Jasper engine in it. Here's a picture of the casting number. Can you guys tell me what it is?
You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sadly the original numbers have been machined off by Jaspers. This is their rebuild numbers. Its sure a bad idea to remove a block number and put on your own numbers. Now the easy way of knowing if this is or is not a turbo block will be to check the oil main gallery plugs. Even that wont be conclusive. Removing the oil pan and looking at the wrist pins may tell you if you know the difference in sizes. All idi non turbo blocks have a weist pin diameter of 28mm. The turbo blocks have a 32mm pin. Even then a person can upgrade a non turbo block to be a turbo engine if they install the turbo rods and pistons. I did that with the engine in my signature. Now nobody I know of has ever drilled out and threaded the oil ports plugs to 1/4 inch like any turbo block has. All idi non turbo block have 1/8 inch oil ports

nightrunner84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I'll look at that in the next few days. I did notice that it has the correct pistons, oil cooler, and exhaust valves.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The uahul engine Dan put in has the same type numbers, It may be a service replacement engine/block. It would take a bunch off that surface to wipe out those numbers, then the pump gear would be tight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online