Need a 4wd C6

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good morning. The transmission went out in my sons 86 and money is a bit tight for him. Not sure what shipping would cost to Vegas but wanted to see if someone had a good one sitting around that they wanted to get rid of.
Thanks!

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I have one in unknown condition, the truck (85) was bought as a project and never ran (low compression). Am in SoCal but travel to LV pretty regularly. How soon is it needed?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's bad on the C6? The old three speeds are pretty easy/inexpensive to overhaul if you can find somebody familiar with them as there's no electronics and because they were made for so long parts are very plentiful.

It won't be as cheap as a swap for a used trans, but if I was going to pull a trans/transfer case/etc I would feel a lot better putting something fresh in it's place.

Hopefully you'll find somebody who's got a rebuilt unit laying around, but I'd see what it would cost to get done. I had a buddy in Portland get a gasser C6 rebuilt and installed for just under a grand, which I thought was very reasonable to do that job with good parts.

Good luck in your search