need 600 advice

TNMOPAR

Reaction score
I have a 2005 cummins 600/6 spd. I have never owned a diesel before and was impressed from the factory...but I now have 5000 miles on it and have went a little crazy I put a 5" pro-flo exhaust from turbo back which is a little too loud and now i have tooo much diesel exhaust smell in my cab when stopped??I picked up 2 mpg but lost alot of power in 5th and 6th...i mean alot. I have also purchased a AFE PG 7 and torque tube and an EDGE JUICE ATTITUDE but have yet to install these,will they make the exhaust be neccessary?I am warranty paranoid and my family wants me to wait on every thing else and put the stock exhaust back on ,and drive it out of warranty or atleast get 30,000 or so on it. I hate to put $1800 worth of stuff on a shelf...but if something tears up it'll be more than that....advice please...be gentle I am new... thanks

Whit

Reaction score
Welcome aboard guy.

It is my oppinion that if you are willing to play then you must be willing to pay. When my 01 was new I decided to bomb it from day one and didnt care about the warrenty, I dont think it would be honest to bomb and if something were to fail then try to get the dealer to pay. I have read for years about folks that have a mechanical issue and then take bombs off so they can take it to the dealer.

When we signed the papers on the 01 they wanted to sell me an extended warrenty.................I not only said no but asked if they wanted to buy the original warenty back :D They asked me why I wasnt concerened about the warrenty , my reply was that DC wouldnt honer it anyway :fight:

Cheers, Kevin

TNMOPAR

Reaction score
What about my combo I have picked out,does it sound like a good choice? Also should I exchange the edge box for a Power Pup and Outlook monitor they would be easier to remove and less noticable if I did have to de-bomb in the event of some failure...may be unethical...but i had a V-10 truck that burnt to ground under warranty and didn't get squat so I have no real love for the warranty dept.....bitter one ain't I. thanks for your feedback and any other suggestions would be great...thanks J

Whit

Reaction score
I dont have much experience with the 600 yet but I have read they do run hot egt's so the exhaust and AFE filter are a must if you bomb it, I really think you need gauges before you put the other bombs on first so you can monitor the vitals :eek:

Cheers, Kevin

TNMOPAR

Reaction score
juice comes with probe for manifold and attitude monitor has egt with a backdown and has boost etc. 1/4mile,0-60,already have 5" flo-pro from turbo back(warranty killer 1) and have the PG7 and Torque tube to go on....next plan is to drill hole for egt probe(warranty killer 2)and hook up before i install Edge juicew/attitude monitor...I hear torque tube makes turbo sound coool....oh my god i'm gettin addicted....thanks for all your input and not treatin me like a novice.....but i am ....i need knowledge.thanks again j

haz-mat19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I do not think an exhaust will void your warranty. And I think that they have to prove that the upgrade caused the falliure. An exhaust would not cause any engine problems. Go for it. just my 2 cents. see ya

TNMOPAR

Reaction score
A report...well I now am fond of that diesel smell and sound,man when i go by people put their garbage on the curbs and kids run to the bus stop....as well as coal tries to jump in the bed of my truck....so my attitude has changed some. performance wise I only think that I spent all that money to blow black smoke and have people in their Toyota hybrids turn their nose up at me,but I actually gained alot of performance. The AFE pg 7 and torque tube gave me alot more turbo sound:D and power, the exhaust has also helped alot(except for that black soot on my bumper).Finally I have figured out how to use all my buttons and menus on the Edge Juice Attitude.The only performance difference I notice is after I have had it on the stock setting,but you get used to it and it don't feel like all that.But I have my fair share of Fords try to mess with me and they get a big surprise.

Whit

Reaction score
Good deal, I just installed the Power pup on the wifes rig, performance level and it is much snappier, MPG has gone up 1.5 to 2 on the highway, gettin 19-19.5 and still on blended fuel, will be cool to see what it offers on #2 soon.:cool

Cheers, Kevin

lschultz

Reaction score
Cistern,Tx-2.3 miles outs of ofs highway in Fayett
Mines not a 600 but I put the Banks monster exhaust on mine and did not gain that much in mpg then the AFE Stage II with proguard 7 and very little mpg gain but it does run a lot better. I keep track of all my mileage and after spending all this money what little I gained in mpg is not worth it but performance and a little lower egt it was. These people that tell you that they get this high mpg increase well I would have to drive there truck and fill it up and check the mpg before I am going to beleve it. I think lots of people spend lots of money on afermarket accessories and try to justify what they spent by telling you how great it is.

Whit

Reaction score
Larry............you can come up here and drive my truck down to the station and fillerup if ya want to LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online