5.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 66

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like the wheels. Really really don't like the wheels. Not on this truck at least, now on a new Suburban or Tahoe they'd be just right. Tires are good tho, match the rest of the truck good. What size are they, other than 39.5" OD?

6"stacks

Reaction score
39.5x13.5x20

the rims were cheap so they went on! lol
they look good when its covered in mud lol

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah, 20s, that explains it - I'm used to 15s and 16s, 19.5 if tis an interstate hauler. But I bet your handling is pretty nice with these wheels, nevermind the big tires - actually, go paint your truck the same evil black color the wheels are, then I think they will fit pretty cool.

Billyisgr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loking good, what is involved in doing the front fender swap, I have been eying my other 92 to swap over the front end fenders and headlights to my 91.

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like they don't quite fit :rolleyes: Just yankin your chain, they look good and the truck does too - looks like its come a long way. I'd also be curious as to what was involved from your original front end to the newer style swap - I just put a '94 front clip on an '83 and there is no way you could have done it without a total clip, the header panel is only remotely similar between the two. I'll give ya some bad advice and show you how to get rid of that bed and make it a 126" wheelbased rack crusher with those bad boys ;Sweet

coletrain777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the wheels and tires, looks great. How much lift are you running. I guess I am different but I really like the look of the bigger/newer wheels on our trucks. Not blingy wheels (don't look quite right), but those look awesome. And I agree, paint it black and that would be a great looking combo.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My personal preference is for lots of sidewall. Those big rims don't make those tires look like 40" er's at all. Tires on the Moose Truck look bigger than yours, and are actually 4" smaller. Maybe if you paint that truck black I'd like them better. Still, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so if you like them that's all that matters.

Mudbillyrednec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good for a mall crawler....;Sweet

Personally I would have put the old 85 egg crate front end on it. and run a tire that wont hit the fender or bumper , when going offroad...

How much lift are you running ??

Big truck & big tires , :thumbsup:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for the nose swap you guys need a whole front clip inlcluding radiator support and the valance panel where the antenna is mounted.then just fab up some brackets to bolt the bumper to.only noticable difference that you will see is where the windshield pillar meets the fender.there will always be a wierd shaped gap there that you will never get rid of.ford changed the shape of the tops of the fenders and the bottoms of the windshield pillars with each body style change.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh and obviously your wheel wells will also be different front and rear.the shapes of those were also changed with each body style change.

tractorman86

Reaction score
My personal preference is for lots of sidewall. Those big rims don't make those tires look like 40" er's at all. Tires on the Moose Truck look bigger than yours, and are actually 4" smaller. Maybe if you paint that truck black I'd like them better. Still, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so if you like them that's all that matters.

amen to that!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
looks nice, you do need some paint to pull it all together then