Muffler removal

arizhntr

Reaction score
I removed the Bank's muffler on mine and actually cooled the egt's down by doing it. Straight piped isn't that loud unless I wrap it up to swap gears. The guys at emissons spend an extra minuted looking at my exhaust every year, but don't ever say anything. I have to be carefull on the dyno - inside the station. I wrapped it up a little too much one year and got some dirty looks.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I removed the Bank's muffler on mine and actually cooled the egt's down by doing it. Straight piped isn't that loud unless I wrap it up to swap gears. The guys at emissons spend an extra minuted looking at my exhaust every year, but don't ever say anything. I have to be carefull on the dyno - inside the station. I wrapped it up a little too much one year and got some dirty looks.
You must have done something else at the same time. Banks is a straight through. Basically a glass pack.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the muffler rotted out on my 6.9 I decided to straight pipe it. Really wasn't much louder than the thrush welded muffler I had on there except when you had it floored. Mind you this is with all 3 inch pipe from the y back.

Buddy of mine did the same thing with his truck. Only his was 2.5 inch pipe and it was almost obnoxious loud.
I have to agree with this. I’m running 3inch from the turbo back, and it’s actually pretty quiet. I’m about to got to a full 5 inch straight pipe after the downpipe. This should make the sound in the cab quieter, and it will make the exhaust throatier and have a lower note

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online