MS Tech Fan clutch mod ?

jsnap

Dunce
Reaction score
Hi guys correct me if im wrong but i think i remember reading somewhere in the forum that Ms would modify any fan clutch you ship them if you wanted them to, and didnt need to buy the fan clutch from them. Amyone know the deal first hand please let me know thanks. Richie

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, thats what I was told. I emailed them and they said that all they do is modify existing clutches, they are not a built from scratch unit. I think maybe it was around $60. to modify one I sent them. Dont quote me on that, its been awhile ago.
My truck cools real well as it is so I never got one.

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All they do is mod the spring, I don't know how????

Send them any clutch and they can mod it, but if you buy your own then ship it and then pay $60 for the mod Forget it.

Send them $275, done, best money I have ever spent, AC works 30% better, never has gotten past the N on Normal, and I pull 14,000 fiver in Tennesse hills. :thumbsup:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what does this mod do? Get the fan to kick in sooner ? Does it cause it to lock up? What? Where is this company located and do they have a web site?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What exactly does the "Mod" do, does it make the fan kick in sooner or lock up completely?

Does the company have a web site?

jsnap

Dunce
Reaction score
Here is the deal as per ms they will only mod a new FORD clutch not aftermarket $75.00 if they supply the clutch $302 and change. Its cheaper to buy the clutch from ford diect parts and ship it to them. But i did a little research it turns out only the Factory Motorcraft clutches kick in full at 260 i spoke to rep from Hayden that new alot about the ford clutch he told me the aftermarkets and to be honest he didnt only say Haydens come on betwen 170 and 190. How true i dont know but what made me beleive him was when i asked him only haydens he said no all the aftermarkets but then went on to praise his product.