MPG Expected for a 1991 4x4 diesel with ZF??

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
towcat,

I "lucked-out" & bought a NICE 1990 F250 diesel with ZF in solid Desert Tan from one of our GREAT forum members that runs like new, with new tires & other upgrades but which needs some minor dents knocked out/filled & allover painting.
(St. Philip's College Collision Department will do the bodywork & refinishing, for the cost of paint/shop supplies & a 50.oo donation to the college. = SPCC does GREAT work..)

Since I bought it, I've replaced the 2 batteries, found/bought a "contractor grade" RKI tool-box & purchased a NICE Sony stereo.
Since then, I've found a HEAVY DUTY/shop-made headache rack/cargo rails at a good price. Plus I found a YAESU 2M/440 & a Icom IC-37a 222MHZ ham radios to install in the PU. = "The overall plan" is coming together.

yours, satx :D

Last edited:

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I bought it, I've replaced the 2 batteries, found/bought a "contractor grade" RKI tool-box & purchased a NICE Sony stereo.
Since then, I've found a HEAVY DUTY/shop-made headache rack/cargo rails at a good price. Plus I found a YAESU 2M/440 & a Icom IC-37a 222MHZ ham radios to install in the PU. = "The overall plan" is coming together.

yours, satx :D

Do you have your HAM ticket yet? Got mine 6 months ago.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DaveBen,

YEP. = I got my "Tech" during Desert Shield.
(Frankly, I'm NOT a traditional "ham", as I spend 90+% of my on-air time doing emergency service work on 222MHZ. = STORMWATCH volunteer.)

IF/WHEN I bother to take my "General" test, I'll spend my time on 60M Upper SB on the HURRICANE & TORNADO nets.

Check your mail.

yours, satx

Last edited:

Crankybait

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a scumbag...The same thing happened to me buying my truck.. On the way there he told me that some other guys were coming to look at it and I would be the 1st since I contacted him 1st.. Well they got there b4 I did and he let them take the truck for a test drive. The wife and I patiently waited, the young man's dad got home and helped the "boy" (in his mid 20's) talk with the other guys. Few mins later the dad walked by me to the house and said they were buying it. I was fuming!!!!!!! Told the wife to get in the car and as I walked to the car I loudly yelled the "THIS WAS BULLSH*T". Being mad doesn't express how upset I was at his lack of being a "man" keeping to his word. Too make this long story short, I did get the truck bought $400 cheaper a few days later when he called me to let me know it didn't sell. The Mexicans who "beat" me there didn't want to wait for the title from the loan company. Telling him that he had done my wife and myself wrong seem to make me feel a little better

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CrankyBait,

Well, one thing is certain. I know how much his "word of honor" is worth: 500.oo cash.

yours, satx

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828