motor mount swap?

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
The motor mounts in my '97 350 are well over worn! The rear motor [or tranny mount as most call it], is a no brainer for me to change. My question was with the main two motor mounts on the base of the block. I know atleast the drivers side is compleetly shot! Anyone have any pointers on doing these with the motor in place? I work out of town most weeks, and would like to figure out a general time line for doing these before trying it and running out of time! I would say I have moderate to skilled levels when it comes to wrenching, so super detail isn't necisarily needed, maybe just some reference points on making it easier. Thanks for any help in advance! '97 [early year style like '96], 7.3 PSD, 4x4, ZF5, 4 inch susp. lift, and it's a CC [so it has the solid axle].

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
pretty much 2 bolts through the crossmember, and 2 to the plate that bolts to the block,
all ya gotta do is jack the motor up some.
Ive only done driver side in the truck, tokk less than an hour
dont think pass side is any worse.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
pretty much 2 bolts through the crossmember, and 2 to the plate that bolts to the block,
all ya gotta do is jack the motor up some.
Ive only done driver side in the truck, tokk less than an hour
dont think pass side is any worse.

Sounds pretty simple then. I havn't realy look it over that hard yet. Thanks for the quike reply double-s, I think I'll pick a set up and get them switched out today if I have time.