Motor Burn Down Update

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This is an update to my burn down last November. I finally got all 8 pistons back from Diesel Direct after they sent me only 6 in a box of 8....-cuss :mad: Those were way to high out of the cylinders so I talked to Mahle about the low comp. pistons they have. They told me the pins were machined 10 thousands higher in the piston to lower the compression by 10 thousands. They are the hard anodized tops in the 33mm pin size. They still were too high out of the cylinders so I milled another 10 thousands off the tops. So, now I have a set that works but the hard anodized tops are gone. Yep, you guessed it. I had a shop here cermaic coat the tops with Tech Lines CBX ceramic coating. That cost me $135.00. Money well spent too. The pistons look great. Now everything that rotates is at the new shop for balancing down to 1/2 gram. They will be ready next week for $140.00. All the machined fits are within specs on the bores, rod and mains and the cam fit. So sometime next week I will be assembling the motor and have ir installed later. Its been a long road but sure have seen plenty of funny things happen on parts.....:dunno Will I show up to the ralley....:dunno :dunno :D

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
This is good to hear. Hopefully everything goes well and you can wash your hands of Diesel Direct for good.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I sure hope the rest goes smoooooth for you. That's enough headaches with the pistons alone to last a lifetime.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes Eric... That big mess with Bill from Ill. was a mess. It was for a set of NOS bare heads, a new cam & the oil pump. I had almost forgotten about him. I did look to see if he was trying to sell again on Ebay but no Bill-nos ford parts at all selling anything. Maybe he went underground and has a new identit:rotflmao y....

Jim73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend, if you need a low-skill but willing assistant for any of the work, give me a holler and if I'm in town I'll come over - I definitely owe you!

Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online