More power update

zukinut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Towed the most weight i had ever towed up the longest hill i have ever towed and it did pretty good. Better than expected. I was doing 70 at the bottom, 3 miles of a 6% grade later i was doing 45mph in 3rd at about 3400rpm. I was rolling the black smoke, in fact you couldnt see anything behind me.

I noticed that with the 4.10s i hit 2k rpm pretty quick so i think either a non gated or a gated turbo would be fine. Cruisin on the interstate at 75mph im turnin about 2600rpm. I can cruise at 70 all day with no problem so i dont need turbo power for that.

Basically what i learned from this trip is that other than serious hills my truck does pretty good n/a. So when i add a turbo i should be more than happy.

Now i just have to find a good used turbo.

Will

Exekiel69

Reaction score
That isn't too bad, a turbo should make things a lot easier. Keep the 4.10's

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! A lot of weight. There are a lot of options depending on your budget and fabricating skills. Anything from a new hypermax kit for a shade under 2K to building your own kit from a Dt466 or PSD or any number of other contenders, but that is not for the beginner or the faint of heart. Only a bargain if you can do most of that work yourself.