Moose Product News - Announcing the Moose Junior

jlwoods99

Reaction score
So Mel on the Junior moose at 80 to 85CC would a inter cooler be required? Or cam or could you do the junior moose and add cam later.

thanks

jim

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Neither are required. You don't need them for the regular moose, and it puts out 90 cc. They are very worthwhile mods though.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so is this one just a basic turbo reman then,that can be fully adjustable as far as the fuel screw goes?
is this the same fuel delivery specs of the stock turbo ip?
is the timing advance tweaked or matched to factory turbo specs? if it's tweaked at all (no need to disclose insider discoveries) what is the advantage for the truck owner? what might be felt behind the wheel over the standard,run of the mill factory spec turbo reman?
what is the price?
what is the warranty?
how do you handle core charges?
do you accept cores that are n/a in exchange of turbo calibrated ips? (if depending on model number.please list them.)
do you have remans ready to ship to avoid down time?
if the cost is higher than what others are charging (i always assume this on a product that doesn't list price.im often right.) why choose your reman over them?
experience level.being a new shop,some may question the lack of hands on experience.what would you say to a potential customer to show you have what it takes to reman the ip correctly or beyond levels of a shop that's been around for many years who reman possibly thousands before?
most importantly of all (to me anyway) why the lack of these details posted?

just some potential customers thoughts and inquires (including my own.)

Last edited:

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Stock is either 50 or 60 CC if I'm correct.

The baby moose is a rebuilt(to very high quality) stock pump.

This one has more kick than that, but a little less than the full Moose.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so is this one just a basic turbo reman then,that can be fully adjustable as far as the fuel screw goes?
is this the same fuel delivery specs of the stock turbo ip?
is the timing advance tweaked or matched to factory turbo specs? if it's tweaked at all (no need to disclose insider discoveries) what is the advantage for the truck owner? what might be felt behind the wheel over the standard,run of the mill factory spec turbo reman?
what is the price?
what is the warranty?
how do you handle core charges?
do you accept cores that are n/a in exchange of turbo calibrated ips? (if depending on model number.please list them.)
do you have remans ready to ship to avoid down time?
if the cost is higher than what others are charging (i always assume this on a product that doesn't list price.im often right.) why choose your reman over them?
experience level.being a new shop,some may question the lack of hands on experience.what would you say to a potential customer to show you have what it takes to reman the ip correctly or beyond levels of a shop that's been around for many years who reman possibly thousands before?
most importantly of all (to me anyway) why the lack of these details posted?

just some potential customers thoughts and inquires (including my own.)

All the answers are here--------------> CONESTOGA DIESEL

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Lets go way back to the one and only Moose Pump... That was the only pump Mel was offering.. thats what we can get today too. They need an intercooler because they are designed to be used with a turbo... Now today we have and this is how it mounts up... The Baby Moose pump. Does nor require an intercooler but if your turboed then why not do it. Most use it without a turbo. I plan on getting one just to have use of it. Then we have the new Junior Moose.. Again, no intercooler needed unless you turbo the engine.. Now there is or was a pump called the Super Moose Pump.... Thats not been tried yet I don't think but it requires a turbo and an intercooler. Now many of us me included have the moose pump with a turbo and not intercooled... Thats clearly not the way to go but it works just the same. It sickens me to see both of my hypermax intercoolers here and they are not on my truck... Even one mounted and plumbed in would be great... But I'm lazy these days and really need some heliarc work done on the hat so it fits my Banks turbo.. Someday this too will pass.

19684x4

Reaction score
So what injectors should we use? Would the del bb be enough or does it have to be a upgraded set

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A set of any NEW injecters will work fine but the collective has found the New BB codes work the best. The turbo G codes do not work as well as the BB codes but they will work with any fuel system. Please don't get caught up in the "turbo calibrated injection pumps and the turbo G code injecters"... Thats just Ebay hype right there. I ran the G codes for years thinking they were the best.... Till I tried a set of Bb codes.. What a world of differance the BB codes made and no other changes were done like timing... So thats my take on this... You others will do it what they will do.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get it going lazy!

Just do it, I did it dragging all through it, it was well worth it.
Time for a coolant filter now.

You must be registered for see images attach

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the answers are here--------------> CONESTOGA DIESEL

Heath

a few of them are thanks.looking for many more now.:)
i plan to get my truck finished up for the most part within the next few months.a turbo ip is on this list.;)
and thank the maker this list is finally pretty short now.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
i know its kinda a dirty word around here but i know where ill be shopping for my cummins parts

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online