Moose IP

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am installing a 7.3 1988 vintage engine in my 92 F350. Reading the posts I've seen a lot of raves about the "MoosePump". Just what does the MP do for these engines ? Do they increase the HP? Burn more fuel? Do the head bolts or any modifications have to be done ?
I'm going to install a Banks turbo on it off the original engine. I really dont want to remove the heads, just stick it in and run it. It will be just a daily driver, no sled pulling or drag raceing.
It has a Gear Vendors O/U and E4OD trans.

All suggestions appreciated.

Hallworth

Take Off! You Hoser
Reaction score
A moose pump Is just a sped pump AKA. more fuel. Mel is the brains behind the moose pump. He can rebuild your pump to stock specs, or tune it to your motor.

For a non bias opinion, I have been looking into what I want to do with my pump. I have looked on every forum and every after market website. I would go with a moose pump. I will be the best service and best quality work.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I too vote for the moose pump. Good service, a quality product, and increased performance. What more could you need?;Sweet

Heath

Exekiel69

Reaction score
The guy who makes (Mel agne) them is one of the biggest IDI lover out out there :D, You can't go wrong.

Btw, Yes this pump is supossed to inject lots of fuel and head studs and IC isn't a bad idea.

tractorman86

Reaction score
if you drive conservitavely you can probably get better milage out of a moose pump than just a regular stock pump. and as 88 ford said you can always turn it down a flat or two if it is too much fuel for you.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the motor I'm going to install in the 92. Before and after pic's. Not going to do anything to it except change the A/C - Vacuum Pump - Alternator - PSP - Pullies to the serpentine belt.
Might get my spare IP built up to a Moose Pump for the other motor that's burned up, don't look as bad as I thought it was. Maybe make a puller and a dragger out of it, and put in my 90.

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US