MOOG TIE-ROD QUESTION

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at tie-rod ends, I see MOOG offers two styles for my truck.

One style states "ENHANCED DESIGN"; what is better/different about the "ENHANCED DESIGN"??

Thanks.

dman91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grease fitting and the advanced design is a little wider and heavier

Classicfordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put moog tie rod ends on my truck, they were about $50 a piece from Central auto/car quest. Moog was what my alignment guy recomended, they came with grease fittings and seem fine. Didn't hear anything about two designs.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
In most cases, the improved design is something that Moog found to improve their design. It is only listed while the supply of "non-improved" design exists. Once the old stock is sold out, they no longer have an "improved" design, it just becomes the regular. That is most often the case. Now on things like king pins, they will have nylon and brass and they will always offer both.

As far as what it is, probably heavier design. Moog generally has grease fittings on all their units. Moog also makes a couple of different private label products, and they generally are boxed for like AutoValue, NAPA, etc. and they sometimes are a lower cost alternative and almost always didn't have grease fittings to save cost.

Ask them to get you both. Any parts store worth it's salt will get them both in and let you compare. Personally, I would buy the one that looked best, which I bet you will find to be the "improved" one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online