Mix ratios and the engines you run them in

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone seems to have different mix ratios they use. Which ratios worked and which ones didn't. Also, what engines are you running your mix through? 6.9/7.3 IDI, 7.3 PS, Cummins 1st, 2nd, 3rd Gen or Chevy?

I have recently purchased a 2000 E350 with a 7.3 PS that I want to run a WMO mix. My thoughts are a 70wmo/20diesel/10RUG mix. Any thoughts about this?

Filtration would be with a Simple Centrifuge when I scrounge up enough cash. I have spoken with them a few times and they have been very helpful. Their new bowl design holds much more than before.

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering a similar mix but with only 5% RUG. I may not even use RUG if I can help it.

I'm using a WVO Design 'fuge with a heater. I should be able to get all the nasty out of the oil pretty easily.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I'd be afraid to run WMO in an electronic diesel..

My current mix is 75/25 WMO and K-1. Seems to run well and doesnt cost a lot more than when i used RUG and K-1... I think it starts better without the RUG, but dont have anything to verify that...

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
started running 80 WMO 20 kerosene in my 94 turbo IDI lately, works well so far. i have been running 50 WMO 50 diesel in it for years now.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my mix for my 1993 F350 N/A IDI

WMO about 9 or 10 inches from the top of a 55 gallon drum about 40 gallons, Kerosene as much fits in my 2 blue jugs about 11 gallons.

Heat, centrifuge, mix in kerosene, and serve.

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 83 WMO/17 RUG in my 89 7.3 (non-turbo) and it handled it beautifully. In my '01 7.3 Powerstroke, that mix had HEAVY smoke at idle. My mix is settled then filtered with (2) PH8A Frams followed by a 6 micron Baldwin (33352).

After watching Youtube centrifuge videos yesterday, I'm thinking that the Powerstroke needs to have this mix fuged first. The IDI could probably use it too so from now on, I'll be centrifuging all my fuel.

wmoguy

Reaction score
I'm considering a similar mix but with only 5% RUG. I may not even use RUG if I can help it.

I'm using a WVO Design 'fuge with a heater. I should be able to get all the nasty out of the oil pretty easily.

You'll be hatin life if you don't heat that oil to thin it out if you try 100% WMO. Straight Hydraulic fluid or trans fluid seems to work well, but heavier motor oil, not so much...

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no way I can run 100% wmo. I'll have to mix it with D1 or K1. I'm going to try mt first batch tomorrow using k1 at 50%.

Crossing fingers :sly

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i have run 100% wmo but i have only really gotten away with it in the middle of summer. i have a plate heat exchanger under the hood to heat it for the engine. the biggest challenge is getting a pump to move it with some pressure, our engines will burn it and smile.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online