Mix ratios and the engines you run them in

bigtex

trial and error
Reaction score
what does the rug do to the oil? ive always been taught never to run gas in any diesel cuz of the damage it can do.

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not done it but it is used to lower the viscosity so it is more like diesel.

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A question for the guys that have run a lot of wvo, do you think it would be better to have my source keep the waste ATF and WMO separate? What do you think about 50 ATF/ 30 WMO / 10 d2 / 10 rug?

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't run much wvo, but is your ATF clean or used??
IMHO, if you would mix the two together shouldnt hurt anything. Most places throw all of that oil together, unless your getting it from a transmission shop.
That mix you talked about should run good.

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't run much wvo, but is your ATF clean or used??
IMHO, if you would mix the two together shouldnt hurt anything. Most places throw all of that oil together, unless your getting it from a transmission shop.
That mix you talked about should run good.

Waste oil and waste ATF.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive ran a tank full of 100% wmo and it needed starting fluid to get her runing and she ran great with it

leswhitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Excursion and I'm running W84, whether it's waste oil or waste transmission fluid. W84 is 84% waste fluid of choice mixed with 16% RUG. Before I started centfruging I had an issue with excessive smoke (it was still filtered to 5 mics) but since then, I've been virtually smoke free. That's partially due to the change in fuel (This batch is WATF instead of WMO) and partially due to centrifuging for 12-14 passes to ensure it's super clean. Power is about the same, start ups haven't changed, and for the most part, it's been a trouble free experience. We'll see what happens when the temp gets colder but since my viscosity is about the same, I'm going to run W85 for as long as I can before blending in more diesel.

Before the Excursion, I was running W85 in an 89 7.3IDI that was always loaded at 23K lbs plus. That's what got me started on the whole waste oil movement and it burned it with no issues as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online