Might be getting a throttle body 350 chevy...

IH POWER

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
Lol yeah that might be my problem. Because when I pull my 4x4 lever back it takes forever to engage. You have to drive a little ways for it to kick in. And even then sometimes it will flash or kick right back out

IH POWER

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
Just changed my cap and rotor and took off all the stock air ductwork from the fender. Hopefully that'll boost my mileage some.

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just changed my cap and rotor and took off all the stock air ductwork from the fender. Hopefully that'll boost my mileage some.
That will probly decrease your mileage if anything. You are now sucking in hot air from around he engine bay, rather than cool air outside the fender well.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
If the stock air intake goes through the core support, I'd leave it. If it goes through the right fender, I'd change to ANYTHING else.
As far as the roll-back, when you shut it down, I'd pull the cap & rotor, and make sure the distributor weighs are working correctly.
As far as performance goes, a roller cam couldn't hurt. Wrapping the headers keeps the exhaust warm & light, plus, it reduces underhood temps.
With the tall tires, I'd suggest 4.10 gears, maybe 4.56, if it is predominantly a toy. You might find 4.56 too deep, for highway running. With tires that size, you can write off the ABS, anyhow.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Wouldn't hurt to look into some kind of cold air intake.
Ever consider drilling the cam gear & advancing the cam timing a couple degrees?

IH POWER

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
already tried advancing the timing by ear but didnt do any good. and ill just put a cam in it if im gonna drill the gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online