Mexico fender bender! E and F axel swap?

lucky

lucky
Reaction score
Hola:

Had a little fender bender in Mexico. Pushed in the drivers fender just above the bumper and maybe bent the front axel. Drivers tire tilts in a little, not too bad and drives okay for the trip north. My question is: is the F series axel able to replace an E series axel on my E350? I got an F350 parts truck back at the farm. Both trucks are '86 made 3 months apart.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably not.

Your Econoline was produced 1975 - 91, and shared a few parts with the 1973 - 79 pickups.

"If" parts were interchangeable, it would be with the 73 - 79 pickup.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What hit you, and how did it fare? Mexican law (or the lack of it) scares me. Glad it wasn't me.

lucky

lucky
Reaction score
Thanks for the info all. It looked worse than it was. The fender was pushed in a little but the force was taken up by the edge of the bumper - lucky. When I looked at it at first and for the first few days I couldn't get it on a level spot. When I got it on some flat it was not bent. Drives okay and I've gone from Baha to Hoover Dam and am on to Grand Canyon tomorrow. The ding was ****** to ****** and we both agreed it would be okay to run into each other again but not with trucks.

Lots of my F parts fit my E they were built 3 months apart in '86 and both have the C6 and 6.9. I understand some front end parts swap.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the i-beams will not interchange. wanted to lower a ford van like 5 years ago and noone made any lowering i-beams for it. tried the f-series and they wouldnt work as well, if i remember correctly the vans are like 3-4" longer

lucky

lucky
Reaction score
Thanks Mud
She is still pounding along, in Auburn Indiana and that $4 gallon diesel is starting to hurt big time. Mexico was $2 a gallon. We'll all be burning cooking oil soon.