Member from western south Dakota

clanky

Reaction score
Hello all. I have spent a lot of time on your great forums. Thanks to all the knowledgeable people who take time to post. I have learned much.
My truck is a 84 250 4x4 short box. ( I cut it down last winter) It has the 6.9 4speed and 3.54 gears.
It's ugly, rusty,dented,and reliable. My friends call it the scuzmobile. I call him "The general von Scuzz".
Ill take a picture and post it. It has been a good truck for the last year and a half.
Again thanks for the help and ideas.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

I had a similar truck back in my 4wheeling days but it was an F150 shorty I put a 6.9 diesel/bell and clutch into and a dana 60 front and dana 70 rear with a detroit locker and yes 3.54s . the 38" swampers destroyed the frame and the bell housing, but I had almost 2yrs of fun with it . my 4wheelign buddies always said I could find the bottom of every hole.

If I had used a shortened F250/350 frame it would have lasted for a long time.

clanky

Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

I had a similar truck back in my 4wheeling days but it was an F150 shorty I put a 6.9 diesel/bell and clutch into and a dana 60 front and dana 70 rear with a detroit locker and yes 3.54s . the 38" swampers destroyed the frame and the bell housing, but I had almost 2yrs of fun with it . my 4wheelign buddies always said I could find the bottom of every hole.

If I had used a shortened F250/350 frame it would have lasted for a long time.
Nice. That heavy 6.9 lump ,and 38s would give the whole truck a good workout.

clanky

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Welcome.

Post some pics of your truck. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members