Mechanical oil pressure gauge

Steven Sochalski

Reaction score
I'm mocking up my parts motor to see how that I'm going to set up the oil lines. It's an ATS 93, but didn't come with the oil feed part on top of the turbo.

I plan on running the feed line as pictured, having it loop above on the firewall to drain down through the turbo after shutoff. Is there any restriction on the oil flow on these, or just wide open on the flange?

You must be registered for see images attach

I think that having a t fitting there would be really tight to attach to.

I'm thinking of using a stainless 4 inch long 1/8 pipe and coupler on the oil port as pictured. Would having a pipe like this be acceptable, or an issue with vibration? I don't think that I can get in there with the motor already in my truck to install the fitting. I can with the pipe though.

You must be registered for see images attach

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know these journal bearing turbos use full flow.

On the tee-- is that for the gauge? If so why a tee? I would think a 4" pipe would be short enough to never crack under vibration but I wouldn't chance it either.

I put my gauge line in an oil galley on the same side but I could get to it from under my rig. No tee, just the single brass compression fitting. Don't forget oil rated pipe tape or you'll be leaking soon.

Steven Sochalski

Reaction score
As far as I know these journal bearing turbos use full flow.

On the tee-- is that for the gauge? If so why a tee? I would think a 4" pipe would be short enough to never crack under vibration but I wouldn't chance it either.

I put my gauge line in an oil galley on the same side but I could get to it from under my rig. No tee, just the single brass compression fitting. Don't forget oil rated pipe tape or you'll be leaking soon.

I wasn't clear on the T part. One thing I looked at was putting a T where the stock sender is to feed the turbo and for the aftermarket oil pressure gauge. The other was the oil galley plug for the oil gauge on the block that I pictured and no T where the turbo feed line is.

I use the permatex high temp thread sealant. Thanks for the response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online