Manual Window Frame Support

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
1990 Bricknose Manual Window Frame Support and Removal

I had been noticing that when rolling down my driver's side manual window that when it got to the bottom it would start to bow the rubber support and window frame inward towards me and would cause the window to shift towards the rear of the truck.

Got the door panel off and noticed the support that stops the front part of the window frame was seperated causing it to shift when force was applied.

I don't know if the video will play or not but it just showing the movement of the window.

You must be registered for see images attach

http://vid1046.photobucket.com/albums/b468/ZWilson07/F5A5FA0A-1FDA-4B7F-83A8-1EF00ACBDC60-3220-0000016051ED84D6_zpsc497ca28.mp4

This the front frame/support for the window where its supposed to be.

Unbolted from the door.

Anyone recommend how to fix this without having to pull the whole window frame out of the door? Or is that pretty much the only way I will be able to get a permanent fix?

Last edited:

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Bump any ideas that will be a longterm fix without a ton of work? Maybe some time of super strong metal epoxy or bonding agent?

Thanks

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
drill it out and pop rivet it or weld it back together...simple fix really

Simple if I have done it before or had the frame out of the truck, yes LOL.

But there is basically no room to get to the window frame support how it is and I have never pulled it out of the door before. Does the whole window and frame have to be pulled out to remove that support section?

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't be afraid to just get in there and take it out. The window systems on these trucks are really simple.

1 bolt at the bottom of the steel window track and the back one will pull out the bottom. Or, take the glass loose, slide it up and out, inside side of the door if I remember, but might be wrong. Two screws or bolts on the top side of the door for the wing windows, then pull the rubber and the whole thing will come out.

You can do it! Not really even any adjustment when you put it back together. Nothing like the old GMs, with 15 different adjustments.

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Don't be afraid to just get in there and take it out. The window systems on these trucks are really simple.

1 bolt at the bottom of the steel window track and the back one will pull out the bottom. Or, take the glass loose, slide it up and out, inside side of the door if I remember, but might be wrong. Two screws or bolts on the top side of the door for the wing windows, then pull the rubber and the whole thing will come out.

You can do it! Not really even any adjustment when you put it back together. Nothing like the old GMs, with 15 different adjustments.

Thanks man I appreciate the support. I usually do just jump in there but I could have fixed it without pulling the whole thing out I was going to try to just to make it a ton easier.

I will try and see what I can do here today.

ZWilson07

Cowboy
Reaction score
Ok finally got this figured out and was able to remove the support that I needed without having to take the window out thankfully. The glass was stuck in the glass channel really good since it has never been removed, and I don't have a glass channel removal tool.

Figured I would change the title and put in a little info and pictures in case anyone needs this info again on a bricknose.

First thing is to remove the door panel. Very simple, you remove the manual window crank cover and there will be a torn screw holding it on. Then after removing that just remove the 2 screws on the door panel (armrest and latch area), and pull up and out on the panel. The lower carpeted section is then just held on by screws if you want to remove that too.

Now you will be at this point. You may have to remove the plastic cover if your factory one is still there like mine was. You can see I put the window crank back on after the fact to crank the window up and down.

You will see the bolt for the front division bar support and remove it.

Supports this portion as it goes down inside the door.

As you can see this is what the support looks like when broken. It should have stayed attached to the frame but mine is broken which is why I am doing this to start.

Then you will remove the 2 phillips screws from the vent window assembly at the front edge of the door.

Lower

Higher

You will now crank the window all or most of the way down. You can now pull on the top of vent window and tilt it inwards to release from the door and off of the window.

Once you get the top portion of the vent window out you will see where the weather seal is still connected. It just simply pulls away and out.

Pull up and slide the whole assembly out. You can see where my support was supposed to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online