LSD Fuel question???

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
As of mid to late June I've noticed a loss in power and slight loss of mileage. The pass I pull when we go camping with the TT I used to be able to top at 55 MPH in 4th gear and 2500 RPM. I drove this the first weekend in June and then in late June the same trip, same load, same fuel supplier (Flying-J in Post Falls) and the best I could do was 50 MPH and a little over 2000 RPM. I do have 154K on the original pump and injectors (as far as I know). I use additives (either Stanadyne or Power Service/ Diesel Kleen) every fill up without exception. The truck runs/ starts great but my perception is I've lost a bit of power according to the butt-o-meter. Any insights? Mechanical (fuel system) issue? Fuel related? I need to quit sniffing the additives before I pour them in?:D If it's just the fuel I guess there's not much to do. What do y'all think?

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are lots worse things you can smell like, be thankful biodiesel doesn't involve using dog poop or cow poop.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Biodiesel is too easy to make to have to wait to get it from a supplier. that said, it is a bit messy and time consuming, so if you already have an overly busy schedule, the next best thing might be a small bottle of canola oil(fresh) or 1-2 gallons of commerical biodiesel. I have been burning mostly B100 for the last 11/2 years adn I plan on getting my injectors tested before I put the turbo on. I will let you all know how they test out. Keep in mind, homebrew, and probably not ASTM spec either..., but as far as I can tell fromperformance, no ill effects.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
let me tell you guys this much... I don't care how well they refine the stuff, the **** still soaks into your skin and clothes and make you reek like french fry oil-cuss
I can't resist....
Hey TC, haha:rotflmao haha:rotflmao haha:rotflmao that's money 'ya smell!! Just like when I used to raise Hogs, I'd tell'm "that's money 'ya smell folks!! Money in the bank!!" (actually, I didn't know what else to say. Hog **** do stink!):rolleyes:
Today, when folks start bitc*ing about "boy, what ya running in that thing anyway?"
I tell'em "I don't know, just run thru McDonald's drivethru whileago & they musta been burning burgers again.":D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:
Veggie do have it's own smell, don't it! The smell of $$$$:D

(I hear there's great sport in smoggin the joggers & bicyclers in 5th at full throttle at 1100RPM too, but I woundn't know:rolleyes: )