Lower hose with spring?

evilplan

Reaction score
Having a hell of a time finding a lower radiator hose with a spring inside. Anbody have a source/link/part number? Thanks in advance!

evilplan

Reaction score
The truck hasn't had one dice I've owned it. After chasing a mild overheating/ running warm I found the lower hose is sucked up like a safeway chicken. So the good news is easy fix...... If I can find the stupid part!

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
i am trying to remember is my new hose came with one but can't recall LOL. could just go to the auto parts store and ask them if the new hose comes with a spring.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Try ebay. It wont hurt to look. I understand the guy or girl across the counter may tell you.... "thats how they come"... We know that statement is right up off the stable floor.

linkman440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might be crazy but when I ordered my new hose I took the spring.out of my old one and worked it in there. I know you said you don't have one but a junkyard might

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Motorcraft's hose had the spring in it also. I think they've discontinued it. It had part # F1TZ-8286-E or KM-2076....

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
out of curiosity how did you discover this? i have started to wonder if mine could be doing this so i pulled over when it was getting hot coming down the highway and the lower hose was fine.

evilplan

Reaction score
thanks guys for the part numbers, I found the problem after reading a few articles i went out, got the truck warm in the drive, thew a handy cinder block on the pedal and looked at the lower hose, under idle its fine but 2500 rpm its sucked up like a carrer tweaker.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ahhh. The good old cinder block tester. Thats how I bled my brakes after I installed my hydrobbost system... sucks working alone sometimes.. Most of the time its great.. Work til your tired and stop till you want to continue... Being your own boss is great most of the time... glad you found the issue. Now the fix is easy. Most any cheap ass hose with a spring will do. Just find a hose and strip the spring..

evilplan

Reaction score
got one, counter guy just wasnt looking for the right gates hose! problem solved....problem staying solved!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist