Loving the gear reduction!

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've been putting off getting a new starter for a while now, even though starting has been getting noticeably slower for the past couple weeks. Finally, last night at about 9 pm I got back in the truck after a run and got nothing. Bang on the starter with the trusty vise-grips.... still nothing. So after my 5 mile run, I get to hoof it about a mile to the nearest parts house (autozone) where to my delight they have one lone starter in stock. $200 and a mile of toting that heavy ******* later I get back to the truck and am slightly disappointed to find that my new unit is considerably smaller than the old one. So i hook the new one up, hop in the cab, hit the key and HOLY F%&* that thing turns FAST! I like it!;Sweet

I'm more excited that I did things pretty close to the right way the first time this time!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh man.that sounds like a fun time lol.
well not too bad being only 1 mile away though.sure could have been worse.your arms must have been a bit tired by the time ya got back to the truck.
good going!

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lugging a starter a mile reminds me of lugging my old Mercedes battery about half that far from my parking spot into my college dorm room. Didn't have enough guts to start in the cold, and I didn't want to buy a new one. After doing that once I bought a new one. Weighed about 80 lbs...

bab029

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the new noise! lol. Sounds less like an old 460 trying to start. Now way more high tech, I'm almost as cool as the Powerstroke guys, except I dont have to tote camshaft sensors with me!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online