Looking for Advice/ Input

Discussion in 'General, Performance, Upgrades & Accessories' started by direwulf23, Apr 5, 2016.

1. snicklas

snicklas 6.0 and Loving It!! Staff Member

Many times the front is just a hub swap, or even an "adapter" removal

The DWR axle is several INCHES wider than an SWR axle.... with the flatbed, you could just swap rims, but they would be out farther than the fronts.... (Think the new mail trucks)....

Is there a major reason do want to swap to SWR, if you have a flatbed, it's not going to be any narrower, and if you tow, the DWR makes it nice.......

2. direwulf23

direwulf23 Full Access Member

The truck would be my daily driver, and while I will certainly have some hauling and towing to do, I don't think it's overly practical to have that extra wheel every day.
    I guess my main problem is I'm too damn poor. If I had money I'd just go buy my ideal truck. Lol

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

3. frankenwrench

frankenwrench overkill is under rated!

Not sure on psd, but my 85 with6.9 idi f350 was a dually. All I had to do was bed swap remove front roter/bubs and regular roters and wheels to replace bubble rims. 250 for bed/ local junkyard( didn't really have to with flatbed) 45 a piece new rotars from orilys 28 for semi metalics front was done then spent another 100 for set of rims from Craigslist with good rubber already on them. Didn't change rear end/drums/just rims. Only thing is lug bolts stick out a bit 1507821499667.jpg

4. Dieselcrawler

Dieselcrawler i pooped today! Staff Member

revived a thread thats over a year old?

sjwelds and 79jasper like this.