Looking for a Aluminum Rollback

cat3176

Reaction score
Hey guys my dad has been wanting a aluminum rollback for years. I found one not but 50 miles from where I live. The problem is I don't know what it is worth? The bed has a little damage on the right bed rail. It looks to be complete. The other thing is that it is a 1994 ford f350 the truck was a bank repo, the diesel and manual trans is long gone so I can't be certain the all the hydraulics work. The body looks decent. The interior is ruff. Somebody took the grille and headlights. If I get it bought the only thing dad wants is the bed with all the gear for the rollback. Dads truck is a 1971 chevy c30. So I don't know if the frames are the same width or not. I have been trying to find pricing on a used or even a new one for him on the net but havent had any luck. So if you guys have any input that would be apprieciated. Thanks Carl

sassyrel

Reaction score
depending on the brand, and whats left--they can still be worth a good chunk of change---

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you're in my briar patch:D;Sweet
post a pic of the bed and I will be more than happy to walk you through if this is a do-able project or not, but pics of the bed is critical.

cat3176

Reaction score
Well guys I guess I didn't drive fast enough. Went to go get the truck. When I called him he said to come on out. So I got in the pickup and took off. When I got there walked into the office and told him I was there to get the truck. He looked up at me and said he sold it thirty minutes ago.:mad: This really kinda frustrated me I told him that I lived about an hour away and that I had the cash price he had told me on the phone. Which I thought was a decent price of 4500.00 for the truck and all. He appologized for me having to drive all the way to come get it. Sorry guys got off course a little needed to vent a little bit. Here are the pictures that they had posted. They are not that good. But If you think that maybe this is a possibility for a truck that could be a donor in the future this is what I will start looking for. Thanks Carl

Attachments

• bed.jpg
    bed.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 14
  • bed2.jpg
    bed2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 13
  • bed3.jpg
    bed3.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 11

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he did you a favor.
that bed has been abused bad enough that it's got a twist to it.
that means bad bed and bad subframe.
the only thing good is that it's a late model Jerr-Dan. the first gen Jerr-Dan you want to stay far away from.

cat3176

Reaction score
Thats good to know. Glad I didn't make the mistake in getting there to fast. I know I can't use a bed off of a 1999 and newer superduty. The same with some of the older. What are some descent beds to look at brand wise. And what years do you think would interchange frame width wise to dads 71 c30? If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

cat3176

Reaction score
Thanks for some of the insite on these towcat. I'm going to keep looking and see if I find one that will work.