looking for a ****** 7.3 IDI long block to rebuild.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so ive decided to put my extra running 7.3 into my military, so i can stuff it up at my parents house.
it will be alot of fun on the forrest service roads!

now i want to rebuild another engine for my 1941 Ford 1/2 ton!

so im looking for a re-buildable block to start with.
if youre local to the bay area, California, and you have one, please send me a PM

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What time frame are you looking at for this? I will have a 7.3 Na available, but not until at least the end of summer. I am just about to get started stripping down my 7.3 turbo for a rebuild and when that is done dropping it in place of the the 7.3 NA. I am not sure of the condition of the engine or how many miles. the truck has 211xxx, but it is a dealer re-manufactured engine. I believe I am about 4 hours south of you.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sadly Brian there are no ****** blocks anywhere. A few years ago I did find one that was never installed a school was selling on ebay. The seller explained it had been used as a teaching tool and had been taken apart and reassembled many times. I passed on it because I felt the threads had been really worked hard and probably well worn. Its too bad nobody is casting offshore aftermarket blocks too. We did have some heads being made offshore for a while. But those dried up. I still have a set of new bare heads. They are worth more than money now...

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What time frame are you looking at for this? I will have a 7.3 Na available, but not until at least the end of summer. I am just about to get started stripping down my 7.3 turbo for a rebuild and when that is done dropping it in place of the the 7.3 NA. I am not sure of the condition of the engine or how many miles. the truck has 211xxx, but it is a dealer re-manufactured engine. I believe I am about 4 hours south of you.

not in a hurry, and that sounds like a perfect time for a coastal cruise!
please keep me informed, and let me know your price!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly Brian there are no ****** blocks anywhere. A few years ago I did find one that was never installed a school was selling on ebay. The seller explained it had been used as a teaching tool and had been taken apart and reassembled many times. I passed on it because I felt the threads had been really worked hard and probably well worn. Its too bad nobody is casting offshore aftermarket blocks too. We did have some heads being made offshore for a while. But those dried up. I still have a set of new bare heads. They are worth more than money now...

Gary, garygarygary, stay positive!
remember the glass isnt half full, theres loads of room for Vodka! :D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My name it positive attitude. I smilee way too much and enjoy every day for what it brings me. I just want more "things" to go my way...

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not in a hurry, and that sounds like a perfect time for a coastal cruise!
please keep me informed, and let me know your price!

I will definitely keep you informed of my progress. Not sure on price. maybe a swap for some small fab work or other parts. Maybe some sweet inner fenders like yours:sly:sly I know that would be more time than the engine is worth probably, but i can dream cant I?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online

Members online