Looking at Centrifuges

eatont9999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak to your neck of the woods and availability of getting WMO. My experience here is it's a piece of cake. I've authored a few suggestions on here on ways to accumulate WMO and they've worked for others in there respected localities.
Here's food for thought, as I think making WMO cocktails outside at your apartment is asking for trouble. Find someone you can buddy up with that has a small shop or warehouse. If they have an older diesel pickup offer to swap out "shop rent' (for that whole 10 sq ft of space your CF setup will take) for some free fuel. As for electricity useage, I probably use mine a total of 20-30 hrs a month and I can't tell any increases in my electrical bill. My hot tub on the other hand is a whole different story.... :puke:

That is an idea but finding someone who would be interested is not going to be easy. That and I would be leaving a $1500 piece of machinery in the hands of a practical stranger. I agree doing this on the porch is not the best location. I wish I could get a loan for 10+ acres on a ranch with a workshop but my credit has been trashed by BOA and their mortgage fraud. Maybe in ten years, I can have my dream property.

wmoguy

Reaction score
the longer the oil is in the fuge the cleaner it gets.I run it slow so I don't have problems.by the time its done the oil is still black but it flows exactly like new oil so that tells me its removing sludge,and carbon from the oil.I don't heat my oil either while it runs through the centrifuge.I'm sure if I heated it I could run a faster feed rate.

if I get 1/8" of sludge on the bowl after 5 gallons compared to the paper thin layer you get from filtering 55 gallons which oil is cleaner?which would you rather run?seems like for the most part your just de-watering and not really cleaning the oil-no wonder you guys have to replace the 20 micron filters on your trucks every once in a while.In three years of driving on the oil I havn't touched the filters once.

easy big guy. no need to get defensive. lol. the observation is simply the Simplefuge is nice, but way to slow and not feasible for my use. there is no "one size fits all solution" for most things in life bud.......

Glad its worked for you for 3 years. I've not got 3 years, but I've got roughly 20k miles this year running WMO, very high %s of it and I haven't clogged a filter yet.....I'm certain my cocktail is lower micron than the diesel bought at the pump.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online