Local gas station going back to LSD (500ppm)

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know the reason, but the local Speedway has signs up stating that they will be switching to 500 ppm fuel.

Attachments

• 07-31-07_1040.jpg
    07-31-07_1040.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 29

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
the 500 ppm stuff is still available around here, Speedway and Chardon Oil carry it. Get Go carries the 15 PPM fuel. my truck doesnt act much differently on either fuel. though i think the ULSD could have long term effects on wear.

i wonder how long it will be before they phase LSD out like they did leaded gas

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
the 500 ppm stuff is still available around here, Speedway and Chardon Oil carry it. Get Go carries the 15 PPM fuel. my truck doesnt act much differently on either fuel. though i think the ULSD could have long term effects on wear.

i wonder how long it will be before they phase LSD out like they did leaded gas

I believe 2010 is the end of the 500ppm fuel. The epa is allowing a few of the small refiners to keep producing the stuff for a few more years so they can save up to make the changes to their equipment ( what, that HAVEN't been making enough money on their fuel to fix stuff??? cookoo

In the mean time, you can still get the old stuff in a few places. Might as well run the new stuff with some additive, it does burn cleaner and sooner or later it's inevitable and the bullitin fom Chevron explaining the leaks being caused coming from changing the fuel types, so if your seals get used to the new stuff, chances are changing back and forth isn't going to help things. :dunno

-----Robert

smokin_stroker00

Reaction score
nobody around here has the new stuff anyways atleast not listed on the pump as the 15ppm

The people with the new vehicles have to run the 500ppm