lift question???

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you get those leaf springs at a local shop like you're doing......it will be a heck of a lot cheaper than $700.

Heath

Last edited:

should_i

Reaction score
ahh ur right ill stick with my coils. umm the only downfall i see in coils is all i can find for lifts is a 6" anndd eeevverrybooddyy with hair has that lift. i want a ten er a eight. and well i dont reaaally want a bodylift. do u have any info for me??

should_i

Reaction score
oh and im getting that truck tomorow. i feel like a little kid on christmas. "yiiiiippyyy a pedle bike!" haha

FordGuy100

Reaction score
No offense but why lift a 2wd truck? That never did make any sense to me. With the cost of liftig it, if you were a good fabricator you could convert it to 4wd. Granted it wouldnt have the best Transfer case or front axle. I would be willing to bet a stock ride height 4x4 with good tires would way outdue a lifted 2wd.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since it has coils you can drop the coil buckets 2-3 inches. i have done this and its a cheap way for some extra lift. also call rancho, they make 8" lift springs for this body style trk. just tell them 86 f150 4x4 with a 460. as for the 4wd thing, i would really make it 4wd, but i think you would be better to just find a divorced 205 transfer case and leave it with the 2wd tranny. on a buddys trk we converted it to 4wd, and i made a set of axle pivot brackets for it 12" lift. we called rancho and ordered 8" 86 f150 4x4 460 springs(his was a 302) and it put it right at 10" lift. then we dropped the coil spring buckets 2" and it sat right at 12" lift. you have to ground out the rivets and on the bottom where it wraps under the frame put some spacers under there with bolts, but it works and as long as its tight, its strong. we 4wheeled the hell out of that trk, and even jumped it a few times and it held up(even with a dana44 TTB)