lift pump question

bigmike

Reaction score
installed fuel pressure gauge to my stock 98.5 today. My gauge is on the pre filter side and i am getting 10 psi at idle and 5 at wot. Is this ok or is it time for a lift pump?

B

Big K

Stock, or any mods?

10 psi idle is LOW. 5 @ wot is low also. Factory spec for replacement, in days past, was 8 psi wot.

More info could help us help you.

Whit

Reaction score
Originally posted by bigmike
installed fuel pressure gauge to my stock 98.5 today. My gauge is on the pre filter side and i am getting 10 psi at idle and 5 at wot. Is this ok or is it time for a lift pump?

Mike, ya really need to have the gauge on the post filter side to see what the VP_44 is getting, I have one gauge with a switch so I can see pre and post readings, this will also tell me the dp across the filter, a new filter has a 1.5 dp across it so you pre reading of 5 at wot would be 3.5 at post reading, I think your pump is weak and needs refreashed. JMO

Cheers, Kevin

B

Big K

Re: Re: lift pump question

Originally posted by NAIL BENDER
Originally posted by bigmike
installed fuel pressure gauge to my STOCK 98.5 today.

Didn't ya read the post Big K?:D

I'm still learning to read, ya :Knob

:moon: :moon:

Ain't stock if'n it's got a gauge :idiot:

Big K wonders who's not reading the post???

:D :D :D ;p

The more info, the better to assist. Whitmore is correct. Better to pull from post side. The pump is dead/dying.

Stoked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike's truck has something like 115,000 miles on the original lift pump. My 98 crapped the bed long before that. I'm afraid to touch it. If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is. Let's get the F.A.S.S. on it this spring.

Cummnzpowr

Dunce
Reaction score
All he needs is a medium sized Pusher pump along the frame like my Holley Blue pump, any performance shop should carry them..mine was 12-13 psi idle/4-5 psi WOT before the install, now i'm sitting at 30 psi idle/23-24 psi WOT..big difference..and i ran it inline with the supply line so it's "aiding" the factory carter pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online