lift kit or leveling kit

junior20762003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats going on oilburners ;Sweet my truck is going to need a new set of tires soon and i was wanting to run some 35`s this time around. but i need to lift my truck a little bit can somebody point me in a direction i was thinking since im getting those bilstein shocks might as well do this too :sly i dont wanna jack to the sky just maybe 3 -4 inches so 35`s would clear also does this mean it will walk

Logroller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sky jacker suspension lift kits are what i recommend to everyone ,, seem to be a better kit and besides i have one on my truck in my sig and i have had 35's under it with no problem ,,,

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Sky Jacker has a good rep as Logroller stated. It seems like Superlift spent a lot of time addressing Ford's TTB system and has great stuff for them. I see you have an F350 so this may seem pointless but the fact remains that they spent mucho time engineering stuff for Fords. That attention may be reflected across the board.
I do remember a SkyJacker Soft Ride Kit installed in a 1st gen Dodge Cummins, the truck rode 100 times better than stock.
4" will clear 35's on your truck for sure. You may need to lower / upgrade your bump stops with a piece of 2" box tube if you really romp hard. Also a 2" add a leaf along with a 2" body lift will get you there in a tight budget situation.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
going by ur display pic, looks like u have a F-350. a RSK or reversal shackle kit (swaps the shackles from the front to the back of the leafs on the front) would yield the lift u desire plus a better ride.

junior20762003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
going by ur display pic, looks like u have a F-350. a RSK or reversal shackle kit (swaps the shackles from the front to the back of the leafs on the front) would yield the lift u desire plus a better ride.

can you explain more about that ^^^^ ......

and as far as skyjacker is this what yall are taking about

http://www.eautoworks.com/product-Skyjacker-Suspensions-252164/Ford-F_Series_Truck.htm

and whats this
http://www.eautoworks.com/product-Skyjacker-Suspensions-251636.htm

Skyjacker Steering Stabilizers too right
http://www.jegs.com/i/Skyjacker/825/7240/10002/-1?CT=999

but this kit is a lil high or im just being a cheap ass :D
http://www.4-wheel-drive-lift-kits....0-4wd---4--suspension-lift-kit--ez-ride-.html

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
I'd either get a shackle reversal from skymanufacturing.com or stock F450 leaf packs. Either one will give you about 3" lift up front leveling it out.

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score

agreed. and to the op, if your tires are not too wide they will not wander all over the road

bignastystacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yotee: I am going to get the front and rear shackle kit from them. At under 500 this seems to be the best economic lift. Did you use the taper blocks on the rear of your truck? If I buy the 5" kit and add the rear 4.5 it should give me a level 5" lift right? I am concerned about the drive shaft angle. Will i need the taper blocks to rotate the axel to compensate? I have NEVER lifted a vehicle before. Also it says that I will not need the drop pitman arm. What are your thoughts on this?

Let me know if there is anything else required...Brake lines, front drive shaft?

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Those reversal kits look like they are built well. I wouldn't be afraid to try 'em. 4-5" of lift should not give you huge driveshaft problems, although the shims for the rear pumkin are reccomended. Much of this has to do with how you are going to run the truck. If you are going for big air a Glamis, you will need limiting straps to keep from over extending your leaves and driveshafts. If your brake lines are in good shape, you can relocate your transition to under the frame and have enough line to get the job done.

4" of spring lift may not need dropped pitman arm. That is used to correct steering geometry and take the harsh angle away from your drag link.

Yes, similar to add a leaf I was mentioning. I would AAL front to bring truck closer to level and use air bags in rear when carring heavy loads. An AAL will make the spring pack stiffer. This usually isn't real noticable in the front with our heavy engine and the addition of winches, bumpers, plows and such. AAL is more noticable in rear as it is rather light when empty and there is no way to adjust it.

Twin stabilizers may be overkill for 4" and 35's. Again, a desert prerunner may need twins, its all about what you are going to do.

My truck is my daily driver, heavy hauler/tow rig and sees toting my family of six as well. I am absolutely happy with my front AAL and rear air bags. Rides well empty, no air in bags. 80psi of air will let you haul 5000lbs or tow 21,000lbs without sagging.:sly None of my shocks, steering or brakes have been changed or affected. A 2" body lift in addition to this or a sawsall and a pair of ****:eek: will clear 35's I'm sure.

This is just an outline of what works for me. Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide to do and post pics of the install, we'll be watching.:popcorn:popcorn

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
That's what I love about my old old body style Ford, I've had 35's on it stock with a little rub and 33" super swampers with zero rubbing. Square wheel wells rule.

junior20762003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually that was my next question because i do tow pretty much everyday and i need to be able to tow with a gooseneck would that be too much lift to be hauling a lil heavy

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yotee: I am going to get the front and rear shackle kit from them. At under 500 this seems to be the best economic lift. Did you use the taper blocks on the rear of your truck? If I buy the 5" kit and add the rear 4.5 it should give me a level 5" lift right? I am concerned about the drive shaft angle. Will i need the taper blocks to rotate the axel to compensate? I have NEVER lifted a vehicle before. Also it says that I will not need the drop pitman arm. What are your thoughts on this?

Let me know if there is anything else required...Brake lines, front drive shaft?
no taper blocks or shims on mine and the drive line has been fine even towing heavy. my truck is set up slightly different then most. i have the 3" front with rear springs in the front. it gives you a little more lift but a lot nicer ride. i also have no need for a dropped pitman arm because my truck runs crossover high steer like this http://bluetorchfab.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=66_29_32&products_id=232. as far as brake lines i am not sure. i have loooong braided ss brake lines on mine. if you were to go as tall as mine (with a 5 sp) you will need to do trans crossmember mods to clear the front drive line.
actually that was my next question because i do tow pretty much everyday and i need to be able to tow with a gooseneck would that be too much lift to be hauling a lil heavy

i have towed a trailer weighing in at 17K (trailer only) a few times and regularly tow a car hauler with cars, rock crawlers, and recently a few single cab idi's. if the goose will work with the height of your truck then it will still tow it comfertably.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is my 97 F350 w a RSK in the front and 5" block in the rear to replace the factory 4" one. 315/75/16 on 10" wheels and i towed a goosneck all the time without any issues.

If I were to do it again i would of used the RSK in the front w Superduty "V" code front springs in the front and ICON 5" Lift springs in the rear. This would yield the same lift but with a much.

nicer ride.

Actually i am doing it again.After i lifted my crew cab i was never totaly happy with how high it sat(TOO HIGH) So i am removing the 4" lift front springs, relocating the RSK and runnin V codes and putting Icon 5" springs in the rear. My 86 is getting the same treatment when the D60 goes in