liberty diesels

red 6 0-no

senioritis
Reaction score
i am (was/still can be) looking at a Jeep Liberty w/ a diesel in it.

what is your guys opinions on them -good/bad/indifferent? is there anything i should look out for/things that can/do go bad? what type of mileage can i expect?

its and 05 liberty sport cdr 4x 2.8L v4. red w/ gray cloth, 63,***. all power options, at, sunroof, one owner car...dealer wants $10,450. according to the pictures it looks in mint condition..
tia

Last edited:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I do, I have no idea what that is but if it is diesel then I must be better than any other gasser.

red 6 0-no

senioritis
Reaction score
thanks ex - i too agree that it would be better than any gasser.....:thumbsup:

but was looking for a more indepth response!!!!!LOL

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
From all my experience with them (limited) they seem good. It is an inline 4 and not a V4. The engine is made by an Italian company that I can not even pretend to be able to pronounce none the less spellLOL.
There are a few people around me with them and they seem to like them.
Thats about all I can honestly tell you.
Good Luck
Ken

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont plan on hauling anything bigger than a bag of groceries. From what I have heard the Lib Diesel is a decent ride, but my experience with the Liberty platform is that they havent held their resale in the market place (sort of like the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee) and our neighbor has the gas version and it is TINY.

red 6 0-no

senioritis
Reaction score
njken/mike-

thanks for the update/input. mike, no need to haul anything BUT groceries....

positive word of mouth (type) haha is always a good indication of something...

anyone know of mileage??

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
I know it may be a little late for a response, but the engine is a 2.8L VM Motori diesel. Well built unit, very rugged design, good on the fuel. There are upgrades for it, upgraded ECM, exhaust and a cold air package. It won't set the world on fire, but with the bolt ons it'll run with the V6 version. Most of the more hardcore tuning of this engine will come from the European speed tuners and the Range Rover/Land Rover enthusiasts.

awaige

Reaction score
ok i was looking for information about a watch i recieved from my grandfather
It is a Jb Champion watch with a cracked Liberty bell and letters on the bottom of 1776 - 1976 with 13 stars ?? Cant find any info I assume it is a Military Timepiece?

chrlsful

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least we know they're a 2.8 now. I thought they were in the mid 3lt and hopin German built. Wonder about the tq? Am interested in re-powering a '66-77 F. Bronco w/one, or a mid 80s from Corrier, Luv, Pup etc but can't find one (Izussu/Nissan - 3.2 & 3.3, I believe.) Want 4 cyl, 200 tq @ 1000rpm, 500 - 800lb weight, automotive bell, heavy clutch, line pump, non computer controlled, I can put a ZF trani on.