LED

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this has been on multiple topics, but I never could find a solid solution. I've had led bulbs in my tail lights for awhile now with no issues. I installed a set of led light bulbs in my front signal lights last night, and kaput...they quit working. Now when I don't have my headlights on, my signals work, but when I turn my headlights or park lights on , they don't work, they won't even light up. So I put my old incandescent back in and they work fine. I replaced my flasher with a electronic HD, and they still wouldn't work . Anyone have a clue ?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Ruger_556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LED's are polarity sensitive... Just for curiosity sake what's it do with a couple jumper wires hooked to a battery?

2stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibly the electronic flasher is not what it is supposed to be or just defective. The flasher system works on current draw through the flasher and leds use very little current. An electronic flasher is used when there are more than normal number of turn signal bulbs flashing causing a fast flash due to high current.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
May just need one made for LEDs.
Still doesn't explain them not working with the lights on though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know, that's weird. I put the old bulbs back in, and it works fine. Its got me.....bewildered

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's crazy, with the LEDs in, signals work with headlights off, headlights on: signals don't work, nor do the LEDs up front. Old bulbs in: everything works fine .

2stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be hard to understand but the voltage goes down with load-lights on-then current goes down as well. Also the instant you activate turn signals only the rear lights then the flasher switches from rear to front sensing the current from each bulb causes the flasher to cycle back and forth. This is why I suspect the flasher, provided the polarity is correct with the led lights.

2stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check for proper polarity and or use another flasher. Check if the rear or front lights come on and stay on-no flash

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't checked polarity yet , but the rear lights don't flash or come on. The inside turn indicator light barely glows as if the signals are burnt out but only when the headlights are on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance