Leaf Spring Help

Timemachines

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so I have an 89 f250 7.3 idi. Did 3inch body lift, e4od, 4x4 dana 60 solid axle swap with stock leafs. now im trying to lift it and want 6-8 inches of lift. can we use 99-04 leaf springs on these truck or anything of that nature?

kuskoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you use a "reverse shackle kit" from various vendors, it shouldn't be a problem. The brackets lift the truck 2 or more inches, depending on the vendor.

Our trucks (bricknose) needs the frame horn boxed in front for the kit to work as it was designed. Other than the steel work, it should be cake! Doing one soon hopefully.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6 to 8 inches is a lot. I assume you know you will need other things as well if you do find some springs to give you that lift. Like a dropped pitman arm, dropped bracket for the track bar for the frontend, longer shocks, extended brake lines or move the brake line brackets, and you might have driveshaft problems.

Timemachines

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i have to box the frame, i have to do the reverse shackle kit for the front, and rears should be no problem. i know what i need to lift it that high. but i just want to know if i can use leaf springs and parts for a 99-04 truck since parts are like candy?

kuskoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The super duty leafs are 3? Inches longer than our older springs. So you would have a stupid shackle angle and a really long shackle if you did the swap. Not very good riding at all.

Check out PMF fabrication or SKY manufacturing. I think ORU makes one also.

Timemachines

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i need to do a 6-8 inch lift to make 37's clear. the truck is a standard cab custom all steal flatbed. so yes im gonna have plenty of clearance in the front with the 3 inch body lift and a 4 inch suspension lift. but the rear has to go that high for it to be correct and the bed not to close to the tire. (what should i have to do for 6-8 inches) and stiff enough rear leafs to not let the bed rub with a load.

Timemachines

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so im guessing ill just get the leaf springs for front and rear, blocks, shocks. get the shackle reversal kit for the front. and make my own drop brackets for the track bar, sway bars links etc.

kuskoal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Skyjacker 6" lift kit. Bolts in until you can get the nice springs to swap in. I want to do custom leafs on all 4 corners. Super duty length 4" race pack up front and a 66.5" long leaf in the back. No blocks, straight spring, nice and flexy

David94IDIT

Reaction score
I did the Sky Manufacturing SRK 4" and I have no problems running 37" tires. I have a 94 Quad cab long bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin