Kansas killed my 7.3 n/a

tradergem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my case the gas and diesel pumps were next to each other and had the same color pumps and handles. The only difference was the smaller labels under the price windows and the price per gallon which is what I noticed before I did any damage to my truck.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how gas could end up in diesel
Within your own tank, operator error is the most common, just spacing out and grabbing a gasser nozzle instead. Poorly marked, being tired, muscle memory if your DD is a gasser or whatever.
But for the tanks in the ground, the dude driving the tanker screwed it up. Like I said another member just had that happen to him. Would be super un-common but good commercial drivers are harder and harder to find.
I taste oil because I don't have a sense of smell from when I was a drug addicted and snorted dumb stuff so I have to rely on taste
Well that explains that!

Chance jeffrey

Reaction score
What causes this?

Attachments

• 20210705_180930.jpg
    20210705_180930.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210705_180927.jpg
    20210705_180927.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20210705_180925.jpg
    20210705_180925.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 22

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't say what caused it, but it looks like compression was getting into the injector to me. Injector must have stuck open somehow?

Chance jeffrey

Reaction score
I can't say what caused it, but it looks like compression was getting into the injector to me. Injector must have stuck open somehow?
Iv never seen that before but I'm somewhat new to diesels but it's alot like slag from welding it broke off with my fingers

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was there a copper washer on the injector or in the injector bore?

Chance jeffrey

Reaction score
Within your own tank, operator error is the most common, just spacing out and grabbing a gasser nozzle instead. Poorly marked, being tired, muscle memory if your DD is a gasser or whatever.
But for the tanks in the ground, the dude driving the tanker screwed it up. Like I said another member just had that happen to him. Would be super un-common but good commercial drivers are harder and harder to find.

Well that explains that!
This truck is my DD especially now that diesel is cheaper then gas where I'm at by about 50 cents it was a pump where I had to select diesel the station was off i70. Called the oasis I believe

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iv never seen that before but I'm somewhat new to diesels but it's alot like slag from welding it broke off with my fingers

Oh that's all? I thought that last picture looked like it had burned through the side of the injector.

Yes that would be failure of the copper washer then most likely. I'm not sure what else would cause that.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you’re saying you hope it’s seating better, did you clean the copper washer or replace the copper washer?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like Anti-Siez that may have burned off if the copper washer was not sealing good.
I don`t know where welding slag would have come from.

Was the old copper washer replaced, or was it left in and a new one thrown on top?
If there isn`t a good seal, then the combustion gasses will blow by.
The is or was a Reamer tool to clean the seats that use to be available. Although very pricey...

Charlie

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
My oil was broke down when I got home it was fresh t6 when I left it had a little tang of gas in it I tasted it I couldn't find any decent oil to do an oil change with at those times of night

Upon switching tanks my egts slowly started coming back around and she sounded alot happier I was able to pick up the pace a bit blowby calmed down a bit.
Between these two answers, I'm thinking that gasoline got in your fuel tanks too. I'm not going to try to guess how it happened. It can't be undone now. The results of this usually aren't really nice to look at either.

Chance jeffrey

Reaction score
I'm not sure cylinder order on this motor so I will say them as if a Chevy small block cylinders 5 and 6 have no compression also the 2 injectors that had slag like build up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance