JY find

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
You're 5th in line so far. I'll let you know if they fall through. And to answer the #1 question "Is it complete?", it is, from the plastic intake tube to the stock crushed downpipe and everything in between!

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
I'm into it for about $250 and a total of 5hrs labor for all the parts I grabbed.

Good deal. I just got mine from the j-yard complete for $135, took me about 2.5hours and a sunburn to pull everything. I just cut off the downpipe and **** though, I'm going to build new ones.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Good deal. I just got mine from the j-yard complete for $135, took me about 2.5hours and a sunburn to pull everything. I just cut off the downpipe and **** though, I'm going to build new ones.

Nice score! Is it a factory installed unit (ATS)? I tried to be as careful as possible, in case someone else wanted anything off it, so I took my time.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
Nice score! Is it a factory installed unit (ATS)? I tried to be as careful as possible, in case someone else wanted anything off it, so I took my time.

When I found it last week.

You must be registered for see images attach

Tonight (yes I realize i dont have the hat in the picture)

You must be registered for see images attach

I was looking at the upgraded downpipe/outlet casting from ATS to go from 2" to 3". I just cant justify spending that much for a cast part. I can build my own with a few hours and about $20 to get the exact same result.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
Did you also get the passenger side valve cover with the GP controller mount (and the turbo spec label)?

no I didnt as I want to retain the 6.9 glowplug system until it dies, then go to push-button. I didnt know the turbo spec label was on it though. I will look at it tomorrow.

Im trying to figure out what turbo this is so I can buy a rebuild for it. I know its garrett T3, and I think its a .70... but I'm having issues finding kits.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Gotcha. Talk to Russ (Type4) about the kit, should be no problem getting it. And the label is usually on the left side cover, but for the turbo it's on the right one.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
Gotcha. Talk to Russ (Type4) about the kit, should be no problem getting it. And the label is usually on the left side cover, but for the turbo it's on the right one.

thanks man. Check out my thread (finally got another one) a few posts below this. I got a truck last week and I'm going to rebuild/build it into my crawler hauler.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.