Just orderd a Centrifuge

weldersd

Reaction score
The station I buy Kero at has no issues w/ me pumping it into my in bed transfer tank.

The stations don't care what your buying from them or what your doing with it, that's for the local highway enforcement to care about. besides you wouldn't want to run straight kero, very little lubricity, I cut my wmo with RUG, it's cheaper and takes less of it. that's just me.

Boost_Happy

Reaction score
The stations don't care what your buying from them or what your doing with it, that's for the local highway enforcement to care about. besides you wouldn't want to run straight kero, very little lubricity, I cut my wmo with RUG, it's cheaper and takes less of it. that's just me.

my only worry with rug is it lowers the cetane rating.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got me drum lid put together last night. Now I just want to make some fitting to weld to the drum.

My plan is to take the oil pore it through a 150 micron drum filter to get the big chunks out then cover it and heat it over night. Then pump it out of that drum into my centrifuge drum add 10 gallons of kerosene run my 120 GPH inverted centrifuge for 3 hours then fill my truck.

Is this enough to get the water and crap out of it? I an just trying to get a reliable system together that dose not have filters I have to change.

Last edited:

wmoguy

Reaction score
Sounds all good ADV, but I'm not seeing the benefit of handling the oil a second time, and dumping it into the fuge barrell after heaeting it overnight? Why not just heat it and dewater in that barrel, then start your fuge process afterwards?

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok what I am thinking is I can pre filter and heat 50 gallons of oil. Then put 40 gallons into the fuge drum along with my 10 gallons of kerosene and get the fuge running. That will leave me with 10 gallons of warm oil I can pre filter 40 more gallons and get that heating up while the fuge is running. Doing it this way will just save a little bit of time in case i wanted to make 2 batches in the same day.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
you will need to vent the moisture burned off, you dont want a tight top on it, and you can skip welding a bung by using bulkhead fittings. they were about $10 at my local hardware store, just drill a hole and screw them in.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
rug - regular unleaded gasoline
wmo - waste motor oil
wvo - waste vegitable oil

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is how I have my lid built. I like to make stuff like this so I want to make some nice fittings for the drum that I can weld on I like that idea better than the plastic fittings.

When I heat the oil I will have the bung holes open for venting.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I crafted it up at work this week. I think I have about 3 or 4 hours into making it.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my first batch cooking. How hot should i get it and how long should it heat to get any water ov of it? its about 25 gal. wmo and 15 gal. hydro oil would that be called WHO?