Just orderd a Centrifuge

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad and went in on it together and ordered a PA Biodiesel 120 GPH inverted rotor Centrifuge kit. It should be here this week we have a 55 gallon drum with a removable lid so in a week or so we should be spinning some WMO!!

Our plan was just to run the oil through a stainless screen to get any big chunks out then through the centrifuge for a few hours. Is this enough filtering?

Whats the best mix we were thinking 50% diesel 50% WMO.

When we get it up and running it will be cheaper to drive my truck to work and leave my car sit. Well until the truck needs tires.

JOHN

wmoguy

Reaction score
SWEET!!! I get excited to see more guys experimenting with WMO blends, and them realizing mucho financial savings!

3 hrs @ 120gph should be about right to filter it very well.

You certainly could go 50/50 (WMO/Diesel) however I think you could probably get away with higher %'s of WMO and use Kerosene in lieu of diesel. Kero seems to do a better job of thinning than diesel does.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help!!! I will look into mixing with Kerosene. I suppose it would look fishy if I were to go to the gas station and pump my in bed transfer tank (well once I get it done) full of kerosene. I probably should just get a few more 5 gallon jugs.

Should I mix the kerosene with the WMO before or after I centrifuge it?

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help!!! I will look into mixing with Kerosene. I suppose it would look fishy if I were to go to the gas station and pump my in bed transfer tank (well once I get it done) full of kerosene. I probably should just get a few more 5 gallon jugs.

Should I mix the kerosene with the WMO before or after I centrifuge it?

It's been stated many times. You should add 15% RUG to the WMO to get the suspended particulates out of the oil.

But, you can still filter by settling the oil for an extended time.

Last edited:

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Good luck filling your in bed tank with k-1... :D All the stations around here have about a 2' hose so you cant put it in a vehicle.

I buy 10 gal every couple weeks and no one has said a word to me... *shrug*

wmoguy

Reaction score
The station I buy Kero at has no issues w/ me pumping it into my in bed transfer tank.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
that looks like my next hurdle in my centrifuge setup, i am going to need more 5 gallon jugs. all the stations around me have either really short hoses or barriars around them so you cannot get a vehicle close enough to put it in your vehicle.

wmoguy

Reaction score
that looks like my next hurdle in my centrifuge setup, i am going to need more 5 gallon jugs. all the stations around me have either really short hoses or barriars around them so you cannot get a vehicle close enough to put it in your vehicle.

5 gallon jugs at Harbor Freight are like $8 I think. If your making 50 gallon batches (of WMO fuel) at a time, you only need 2 jugs.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yea i guess hurdle was a strong word, just next step, i also have aquired all the parts i need to make a super sucker. it would be done but my time is in debt to my wifeys projects after i used it up building my CF lol, maybe this weekend. i got about 100 gallons or so of WVO to play with in the mean time.

you might as well start on a super sucker to John, you got to get that oil somehow.

wmoguy

Reaction score
What is your super sucker?

That would be one of these.

Cliffnotes version: It's a storage vessel used to pick up your waste oil on site. It uses a vacuum charge to "sucK" the oil out of it's existing location into your "super sucker" Then you reverse the process by applying a positive charge (via an air compressor) to shoot the oil out of your super sucker into your centrifuge barrel. Done right, it has the ability to "suck" upwards of 1 gallon PER SECOND. Mines a little slow because I picked too big of hose size. It takes about 50 seconds to fill my 24 gallon vessel.

Attachments

• 20111031_084151.jpg
    20111031_084151.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20110622-00020.jpg
    IMG-20110622-00020.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG-20110622-00021.jpg
    IMG-20110622-00021.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 5

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't see what the big deal is:dunno

Around here, Kero is more expensive than diesel.

wmoguy

Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is:dunno

Around here, Kero is more expensive than diesel.

It is here too. The thing of it is that Kero thins WMO BETTER than Diesel does. It takes roughly double the amount of Diesel to thin WMO to an effective viscosity vs. using KERO to thin

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is here too. The thing of it is that Kero thins WMO BETTER than Diesel does. It takes roughly double the amount of Diesel to thin WMO to an effective viscosity vs. using KERO to thin

Now it looks like Kero is cheaper then diesel. I'm going to start my mad scientist fuel mixing very soon :sly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online