Just my luck......83 F250

farmerscotty

Reaction score
Well a year ago I had the dana 60 rearend go out on my old feedtruck...3.55 gears........so I watched and I waited and found within 100 miles of me a good rearend.......picked it up, new ubolts, new wheel cylinders, new brakes and new brake lines..........and new yes new shocks..............well come Oct. 07 am all back together rearend I bought had been rebuilt before I got it was tight and clean.......went out the other day with 2 round bales on the flatbed......was mud slick so I put it in 4 wheel drive..........away I go.....
start up a small hill in the field to feed the bales............hmmmm thats funny front wheels are spinning....................oh my..... passenger side axle comes out and crow bars the axle housing ruining it......tearing it and well shoot.............dead in the water again.

So do I replace housing? with my gears.......still have the axles out of old rearend.........or just swap out rear ends again....ugh!

I am not sure what happen to cause axle to come out.........everything was tight.......had driven truck maybe 50 miles..........oh to have junk!

So, anyone know where a complete dana 60 is with 3.55 gears............??? and of course my 92 is either gelled or something today............oh the love to farm.................
Could have been much worse both of them died at home...........and axle didn't pass me on a hiway when it come out..............I am blessed!
scott:dunno

Last edited:

suv7734

Reaction score
Are you talking about a full floater or a semi floater? If the housing is done then it needs to come out, but you should have enough parts between the two to git 'er dun.