Just installed a new chip!!

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
I was checking out the for sale ads over at TDS .... and there was a guy selling a TS Perfomance 6 setting chip for $190.... normally a $500 chip, I jumped on it it right away....

Anyways, I went to install it and they (TS performance) say the code doesn't matter, just they year.. Well on my truck it mattered... I had to have it reprogrammed. It cost another $50 but it was money well spent!!!

I have had a Superchip in the truck since I purchased it....I had a SC in the old red truck also until I put a Diesel Innovations 4 way chip in it... And I just have to say the SC chips suck!! I mean you can feel them when you first install them but compared to a switchable chip they are nothing...

This TS chip is so awesome!!! Chris put; stock, high idle, 50hp, 75hp, 100hp and 140hp settings on the chip.... on the 140hp setting it's like a sports car. The throttle is very responsive... going around corners it constantly wants to spin the tires... I can take it up to around 15mph and floor it and the back end starts to walk around.....

The high idle is really cool for out here in the heat... it allows me to flip it over when I go in the store and leave my dog in ice cold comfort.

Also it shifts way better than my SC did with the FTVB that I have in... Shifts are very smooth but firm even with the pedal mashed.

Right now I am one pleased dude!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
I have seen those and really am thinking about doing them....

The problem right now is cash flow... in the middle of a remodel... spent to much on the new stereo (according to the wife) ...

Did you do them yourself or did you have them built for the little extra?... if you did them yourself how was it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin